New York Yankees

I can smell October baseball in the Bronx. Again!

I would say that the yankees have an excellent shot at being the wild card and some shot at winnign the division---we will see how the dust settles this weekend.

I agree. The Yankee's pitching debacle actually allowed for some fresh new faces to evolve into the rotation from their farm teams. That has turned out to be a good thing for the Yanks. You can sense the momentum may be on their side ..... They're playing like a possessed team again ...

I would say that the yankees have an excellent shot at being the wild card and some shot at winnign the division---we will see how the dust settles this weekend.

I agree. The Yankee's pitching debacle actually allowed for some fresh new faces to evolve into the rotation from their farm teams. That has turned out to be a good thing for the Yanks. You can sense the momentum may be on their side ..... They're playing like a possessed team again ...

The way the Yankee's have been playing, I think the Tigers have a better chance of catching Cleveland, see as we still have 3 games to play with them.

Yeah, and the last few years it hasn't been a pleasant odor.;)

Now that's the comment of a (slightly) sore loser. Was losing to the 83 game winning Cardinals a sweet smell for you last year?

In my lifetime I have witnessed (and some in person) so many World Championships, along with so many additional World Series appearances, and even more trips to the playoffs - You CAN'T WIN them all.

But it beats a team that only makes the playoffs once every 4-8 years doesn't it? Wait don't answer - I will. IT DOES!

The way the Yankee's have been playing, I think the Tigers have a better chance of catching Cleveland, see as we still have 3 games to play with them.

This is what I've been thinking too.

In the beginning of the year, I thought theres no way the Yankees have enough pitching to make it this year, then they fell WAY behind, but the hitting kept them in it,and now they are getting some good pitching and good hitting and they are here again ......

Quite a feat for the Yankees., but then the Yankees and thier fans expect to be in the playoffs every year.

I'm amazed that the Tigers are as close as they are with all that has happened to them this year.

Jimbo

Now that's the comment of a (slightly) sore loser. Was losing to the 83 game winning Cardinals a sweet smell for you last year?

In my lifetime I have witnessed (and some in person) so many World Championships, along with so many additional World Series appearances, and even more trips to the playoffs - You CAN'T WIN them all.

But it beats a team that only makes the playoffs once every 4-8 years doesn't it? Wait don't answer - I will. IT DOES!

Sounds like a spoiled Red Wing fan, or Yankee fan or any other team that EXPECTS to win every year.

This is what makes the last several years so sweet for the Tigers fans, it's been a while for them.
Personally, I get tired of seeing the same old teams in there every year.

Jimbo

Jimbo, you really need to get the MLB.com subscription next year. You can watch 6 games at once on your computer. I'm watching nthe Phillies v. Rockies and Mariners v Tampa Bay right now.

Toronto gets two hits in the ninth and wins game 2-1

Must have been quite a game, too bad I could not watch it ...

Jimbo

Sore loser? Hell we were 119 game losers just a few seasons ago. I was just happy to be over .500 let alone in the World Series. As for smells, I guess you didn't get the odor of your Yankee's stinking it up against the Tigers in last seasons playoffs out of your nose. Losing in the series didn't hurt anywhere as much in Detroit, as your Yankee's not winning again. Try not to take it personally when your Yankee's don't win again this year. George will spend some more millions and try again next year.

Sore loser? Hell we were 119 game losers just a few seasons ago. I was just happy to be over .500 let alone in the World Series. As for smells, I guess you didn't get the odor of your Yankee's stinking it up against the Tigers in last seasons playoffs out of your nose. Losing in the series didn't hurt anywhere as much in Detroit, as your Yankee's not winning again. Try not to take it personally when your Yankee's don't win again this year. George will spend some more millions and try again next year.

As I said, making it to the show so many years in a row IS the accomplishment - in EVERY sport. Last year is last year, if we were to do a year-by-year comparison between the Tigers and the Yankees for the past 50 years, the OVERWHELMING majority of the stink would reside in Michigan. I don't have the wildest dreams that you can win it all every year. But doesn't it suck to only make the playoffs once every 5 or more years? Don't tell me that in your once every many year time in the playoffs, that losing didn't STING - that is also not true and you know it.

But as your last 2 sentences bear out, they are the comments of a sore loser. My team (the Tigers didn't make it) so your team will lose too - please!

BTW, since it's George spending the money (not me or you), it's his business isn't it? I did read how the Yankees franchise is WORTH the most in all of sports (over a BILLION), what was the latest value of the Tigers (under 500 million I think). If you don't think THATS THE REAL BOTTOM line, you are sorely mistaken.

Again , I'm a sore loser. I'm just stating my opinion on how far I think the Yankee's will go. I'm still not impressed with the Yankee's pitching staff, and I think the Indians and the Angels, have better staffs. Pitching has killed the Yankees in the playoffs 5 yrs. in a row. At any rate this all started with me making a joke, (yeah, and it hasn't been a pleasant one). In Detroit, we have experienced similar heartbreak with the Red Wings, so I know where you are coming from. Good luck in the playoffs, if you make it.

Tigers Valuation = $292 Million
Detroit Tigers, Baseball Team Valuations - Forbes.com

Yankees Valuation 1.2 BILLION
#1 New York Yankees - Forbes.com

So try and tell me George Steinbrenner has it wrong. He bought the team for about 10 million as I recall!

Your team is worth more than my team. Who cares? See as I don't own the Tigers, it certainly isn't me. I would imagine that every team in a metropolis bigger than Detroit is worth more than the Tigers. George will buy the best talent available this winter, and everybody else will just hand the Yankees the title. Would that make you happy? I would love to see the Tigers sign A-Rod, but George's pockets are much deeper than Mike Illitch's.

Your team is worth more than my team. Who cares? See as I don't own the Tigers, it certainly isn't me. I would imagine that every team in a metropolis bigger than Detroit is worth more than the Tigers. George will buy the best talent available this winter, and everybody else will just hand the Yankees the title. Would that make you happy? I would love to see the Tigers sign A-Rod, but George's pockets are much deeper than Mike Illitch's.

I think you need to chill. The Tigers are the 21st regarding value. there are PLENTY of SMALLER markets whose teams have HIGHER valuations.

Next, it was YOU that brought George INTO the discussion.

Sore loser, or sour grapes maybe.

Back to a baseball discussion.

Lets go Bombers.

Jimbo, you really need to get the MLB.com subscription next year. You can watch 6 games at once on your computer. I'm watching nthe Phillies v. Rockies and Mariners v Tampa Bay right now.

I considered doing it this year then decided to not.
I watch this da*N computer screen more than the TV anymore :yikes

Jimbo

41 Point Underdogs !

Marion Jones admits to steroid use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)