New York Yankees

I. Kennedy was ok.. Most of the damage against him was done in the first three innings. After that he settled down even though only gave up one hit (HR). I have to see more of him (remember DeSalvo). Ian definitely will pitch another game and Mussina will have to sit again. The one guy they need to get straight is P. Hughes. There was so much hype about this guy and yet this guy has had only two respectable games that I can remember. Everything else he has been pounded. Yes, he is a rookie but given the hype around him... he is a dissapointment so far. By the way, Ian fastball was not higher than 91 today. So I do not know where they get 91-95 mph on fastball. He has a very good change up with movement and the curve. But his curve was not working today.

It is a shame that Kennedy, that Yankee rookie pitcher that you are all so proud of for winning his game today was not the rookie who pitched the best game today.

Clay Buccholz pitched a no hitter in his second MLB start for the Red Sox tonight.

It is a shame that Kennedy, that Yankee rookie pitcher that you are all so proud of for winning his game today was not the rookie who pitched the best game today.

Clay Buccholz pitched a no hitter in his second MLB start for the Red Sox tonight.

One game does not decide who is going to be a better pitcher. Why didn't you make the same remark about Joba. Time will tell. I have seen great rookies come and go very quickly. Ian Kennedy did not pitch a no-hitter but he did very well and pitch 7 innings which is what you want from a starter.

One game does not decide who is going to be a better pitcher. Why didn't you make the same remark about Joba. Time will tell. I have seen great rookies come and go very quickly. Ian Kennedy did not pitch a no-hitter but he did very well and pitch 7 innings which is what you want from a starter.

It's a shame that pitchers are not allowed to finish games anymore !sadroll

Jimbo

I agree but the game of baseball is not the same anymore. The closer used to pitch 2-3 innings before. Not anymore. Not there is specialty for everything -- 9th Inning (closer), 8th inning (setup man), 5th, 6th, & 7th (long relievers) and of course, the mop up guys.

We sweep Boston and then play Tampa and get trounced next we take 2 of 3 from Seattle, that inconsistancy worries me!!:confused:

Perhaps being the wild card isn't such a bad thing!!

The problem with the Yankees incosistency is that they are not a come from behind team. Any team scores 5-7 runs in the first inning against them and it seems like the throw the white flag on the bottom of the first. I can probably count with my hands how many come from behind wins they have this year. That is the scary part of their season. So you do not have to wait till the nineth inning to see whether they will come back because most of the time they don't. The 1996 Yankees were not a great team but yet recorded the most wins coming from behind. This proved to be significant in the playoffs. Remember the 1996 WS when the Braves came to NY and swept them at Yankee stadium. They went to Atlanta and fell behind in each of the three games played at Atlanta but yet found ways to come back from a deficit. The 2007 version Yankees do not have this in them. They are a laid back team. It is either all or nothing. Usually teams like this get to the playoffs and find themselves out in the first round because in the playoffs you cannot outslugg the opposition because you are facing the best pitching. So even if they make a WC team, I would not be surprisde if they are booted on the first round and their incosistency catches up again with them.

BTW, H. Matsui used to be an excellent hitter with man in scoring position. It seems like everytime he has man in scoring position the guy cannot even get a man on third home with less than two outs. This guy is nothing like the hype that surrounded him. He is a bad outfielder and has no arm and his bat has been less than crucial in 2007.

I Believe the Yankees will make the Playoffs, but not go very far. Like Sean said in the playoffs they will face the best pitching and I dont believe they have it in them to overcome this.

I am a Partial season ticket holder, It kills me to spend the huge increase for the tickets and have them get FLAT in the playoffs!

I would just rather they Not make it this year, and Start off New next year with a New Manager and Fresh young arms,
and Tied with Boston for first :D

Yes - I'm a Yankee fan.

But the best pitching thing goes both ways doesn't it? I mean both Wang and Pettitte have had great seasons - as good as any other 2 starters.

Their bullpen is now pretty solid (thanks Joba) - Mo has been real good since April, etc.

They have as good a chance as all of the other playoff teams in regard to pitching, and they have the best offense as well IMO.

But thats why they play it on the field, not in a forum thread.

They are all but in the playoffs. They ae the likely wild card and have an outside shot at overtaking Boston. It really depends on which club shows up after that.

Since I come from western Massachusetts in what was once disputed territory between the Yankees and Red Sox but is now pretty solidly Red Sox territory I will admit that I am no fan of the team in pinstripes. But when they are good they are very good.

Enough wild cards have made it to the World Series in the past few years - and that shows how in a short series ANY team can win. Last year the WORST of all the teams in the playoffs won the whole thing IMO.

But do you like him? ;)

BTW, H. Matsui used to be an excellent hitter with man in scoring position. It seems like everytime he has man in scoring position the guy cannot even get a man on third home with less than two outs. This guy is nothing like the hype that surrounded him. He is a bad outfielder and has no arm and his bat has been less than crucial in 2007.

Yes - I'm a Yankee fan.

But the best pitching thing goes both ways doesn't it? I mean both Wang and Pettitte have had great seasons - as good as any other 2 starters.

Their bullpen is now pretty solid (thanks Joba) - Mo has been real good since April, etc.

They have as good a chance as all of the other playoff teams in regard to pitching, and they have the best offense as well IMO.

But thats why they play it on the field, not in a forum thread.

Isn't this the same thing that was said last year ???

They have 2 starting pitchers going into the playoffs in a month, who's gonna pitch games 3-7
Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts