New York

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
This is the thread to discuss cable companies and HD available on them in New York.

How is the new HD DVR from cablevision? Does it have optical audio output b/c the standard HD SA only had digital coax?

Anyone with both cable and D* that can compare the quality of HD channels?

Coming Feb 18th now Sean. Can't wait to get it set up now that I have my 7.1 speakers config'd and my Pio 1014 coming this week :)

Well, I now hav it. DVR is not as polished as say a 522 or 501, but works and records HD none the less :)
Only bug so far is auto detection of resolution. Box can pass thru 1080i (or upconvert), 720P (upconvert as well), 480p and 480i (and do 4:3 or16:9). Probelm is that it doesn't work perfectly yet on 1080i material, sometimes have to manually do it, but their is suposed to be a fix for it son.
Otherwise VERY nice. Do not notice much difference between HDMI and Component inputs for the box.
HD PQ is superb and their is a good amount of it. Only things missing are HDNET and Discovery HD from Dish (and that's it).
Analog and non HD channels are surprisingly good.
On my main setup, I have just a coax line running into back of TV incase both tuners are recording on my HD box and I want to watch something within the 1st 85 channels (even HBO comes in via Coax).
Image is SHOCKINGLY good. MUCH less compression then the ultra soft image dish is pumping out these days. Not so noticeable on my standard 27" as both looked good, but VERY noticeable on my Sony KV32HS420.

I would say other then the 1 bug 9as opposed to many with dish), the lack of Discovery HD and HDnet, I am VERY happy with the changeover.

Very nice to record HD and be able to watch it back in HD at any time :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)