Newest HD converter?

I just got Bright House installed 3 weeks ago. I requested the latest and greatest HD DVR and got the Cisco 8742HDC model. The equipment itself works great. High quality picture in HD. The software for the programming guide needs a professionally developed remake but the DVR functions work well.

I just got Bright House installed 3 weeks ago. I requested the latest and greatest HD DVR and got the Cisco 8742HDC model. The equipment itself works great. High quality picture in HD. The software for the programming guide needs a professionally developed remake but the DVR functions work well.

Thanks for the reply! As it turns out, BHN is bringing the Cisco box tomorrow, Sunday 12-2.
My wife called and explained the issues we were having. On top of that, they also issued a
thirty dollar credit. Good for Brighthouse!
I recieved an email a few days ago about the on screen guide being updated soon so, that will
be welcomed as well. Probably within a few days??? Most converters seem to produce the same picture, it's the firmware of the box I'm most concerned with. I've read a few articles saying the Cisco guide is not 16:9 format. Does your guide not fill the screen?
Anyway, thanks again!

Thanks for the reply! As it turns out, BHN is bringing the Cisco box tomorrow, Sunday 12-2.
My wife called and explained the issues we were having. On top of that, they also issued a
thirty dollar credit. Good for Brighthouse!
I recieved an email a few days ago about the on screen guide being updated soon so, that will
be welcomed as well. Probably within a few days??? Most converters seem to produce the same picture, it's the firmware of the box I'm most concerned with. I've read a few articles saying the Cisco guide is not 16:9 format. Does your guide not fill the screen?
Anyway, thanks again!

No the guide doesn't fill the screen, far from it. There is a great deal of wasted blank space around the guide, making it much smaller than it should be. The new black/grey/white guide is harder to read for me but it wouldn't be as bad if the guide was larger. All they need to do is eliminate the wasted space and they can increase the font size a bit. That would make it easier to read the grey/white font against the black background. There has been many customers commenting on the new guide and making suggestions to fix it on Facebook, Twitter and various forums. From the comments I read it seems everyone is asking for a full screen guide. About half like the new color theme and half don't like it. Hopefully BH won't take long to develop something more user friendly.

I agree that, the guide should be full screen. The tech said that only the Samsung boxes go full. ???
At the risk of sounding, whatever... One thing that did bother me is, I think the tech or someone
decided to bring the 8642 rather than the 8742. There may or may not be a difference but, my order
specified that we wanted the 87. I wasn't up to fighting with the tech and sending him away.
Also, no work order or, paperwork?? The box we have is better than the Samsung in all ways.
Definitely faster and although I didn't thing a box would make a picture difference, it does!
as as side, who is this jcarrera poster who without fail, can always make a negative post here??!!
Been using this site for years, and I always see his bashing posts???

The jcarerra person is me. Any questions?

I guess you don't consider your comment about BHN bringing the wrong box as a bash. Similarly, I don't view my posts as bashing, but as my opinion on things I think could be done better. You, of course, can view them however you wish--just as I can view yours however I wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)