Newsmax TV Signs With DISH Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Newsmax Media today announced that it has reached a distribution agreement with satellite TV provider DISH Network Corp. for Newsmax TV, expanding the reach of the forthcoming news, information and lifestyle channel to nearly 35 million satellite homes and businesses when it soft launches on June 16.

The new distribution deal puts Newsmax in more than one-third of U.S. cable and satellite homes. Last week the company announced a distribution deal with DIRECTV, the nation’s largest satellite provider reaching more than 20 million subscribers.

In announcing the DISH agreement, Newsmax Media CEO Christopher Ruddy said he expects Newsmax TV’s distribution to grow by the time the channel, which targets the interests and needs of an underserved Baby Boomer audience, officially launches this fall.

"Newsmax TV's agreement with DISH further accelerates our path to initial carriage in 40 percent of U.S. homes," Ruddy said.

Newsmax TV differentiates itself from other news services by providing independent news with a “mainstream conservative” tilt, though it will be open to all points of view.
More than just a politically focused channel, Newsmax TV will provide a full range of informational programming and lifestyle content for Boomers in the areas of health, finance, and personal well-being.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Newsmax-TV-DISH-Network/2014/06/10/id/576218#ixzz34GlDgch7

Reactions: 3HaloODST
TheBlaze turned out to be a bit of a dud, this might be better. I am sure it will get better ratings than Al Jazeera TV.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
AlJAm is actually a really good channel. I love watching it every now and again. And I am a vet. It's not a Taliban channel. Straight forward news.

Al Jazeera is owned by the Qatar government, which is now sheltering Taliban terrorists from Gitmo. I just don't get a warm and fuzzy from that.

Reactions: jbrelish
Newsmax TV differentiates itself from other news services by providing independent news with a “mainstream conservative” tilt, though it will be open to all points of view.
Umm... someone better tell these guys that Fox News already exists.
More than just a politically focused channel, Newsmax TV will provide a full range of informational programming and lifestyle content for Boomers in the areas of health, finance, and personal well-being.
So Informercials then.

Oh goodness how I miss Newsworld International!

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
Both Dish and Directv will carry this channel, Glenn Beck must be pissed off at Directv for this, instead of carrying TheBlaze TV

Maybe they will drop the blaze for this "news" channel. That would really PO Glenn Beck. BTW The Taliban is gorilla solider organization. Al Queda is the terrorist organization. That's not making them out as good. Just wanted to let you know that there is a difference and not the same thing at all. I personally wish there was an even more middle of the road news channel.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Al Jazeera is owned by the Qatar government, which is now sheltering Taliban terrorists from Gitmo. I just don't get a warm and fuzzy from that.

It's not like those five have now been put in charge of the TV channel...

Well personally another news source is a good thing. If you are a Dish subscriber and a liberal/progressive then you have all the news channels and network news and even Comedy Central to choose from except Fox and TheBlaze. I question most everything I read or see, too many times facts are omitted or altered.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts