NFL 2012 Off season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
SabresRule said:
Now that the Raiders and Lions are relavant on the field, who replaces them as one of the worst teams overall in football?

When I first came here, Detroit and Oakland were getting the most mockery- now, who replaces them there?

The Raiders STILL get mocked...lol!

Weakest point of the Chiefs is QB, Cassel is so boom or bust and rarely simply mediocre. I am hopeful but not very optimistic.

I agree, but I think the Chiefs are the most balanced team on both sides of the ball. If Cassel can show a little more consistency (admittedly a BIG if) they can definitely take the West.

Kansas City still nearly made the playoffs last year even though Charles palyed only a game and a half and salvaged an 8-8 finish.

Having a capable coach in Romeo Crennel will help.

...so according to you, a QB with 4 SERIOUS neck surgeries..is MORE of a sure thing...than a 1st year coach...? LMAO! ok...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...

How many players coming back from any injury got hit once and then said 'no, I'm good, don't need to do this anymore' ? Name one.

The 'lets see him get hit' argument is just hype most players get when coming back from injury, when has it ever been anything but?

As a result, i'd put more stock in Manning's track record of success rather than than a team that hasn't been good for nearly a decade and moving to new schemes and with a first time coach at the helm this season.

Like it or not, Oakland is rebuilding, and all they've gotten for first round picks invested in Palmer and Seymour are 8-8 seasons... unless they win it all this year or next that's probably the high point of those investments... and then where are they at without Seymour, Palmer, and McFadden?

The best Raiders fans can hope for is that when McFadden is injured (something everyone who watches football has come to expect, almost to the Knowshon Moreno level of habitual injuries - just a higher upside) it isn't for a stretch of games they would have been expected to win (vs Browns, Bucs, home division games).

Edit:

Comparing Knowshon who is seen a relative failure in Denver to McFadden is kinda of interesting, they are very similar.

Moreno has played 75% of his possible games, McFadden 70%

Both have started only 50% of possible games.

McFadden 2627 yards has Moreno has 1905... but McFadden has a year on him, excluding last year they're only 100 yards apart. Per season they average 635 and 656 yards, McFadden with the slight edge.

Like I said, one is seen as savior and makes or breaks games - or sinks seaons, the other has had flashes but ultimately seen as a failure and the franchise is moving on. Tale of two teams.

Last edited:
meStevo said:
How many players coming back from any injury got hit once and then said 'no, I'm good, don't need to do this anymore' ? Name one.

The 'lets see him get hit' argument is just hype most players get when coming back from injury, when has it ever been anything but?

As a result, i'd put more stock in Manning's track record of success rather than than a team that hasn't been good for nearly a decade and moving to new schemes and with a first time coach at the helm this season.

Like it or not, Oakland is rebuilding, and all they've gotten for first round picks invested in Palmer and Seymour are 8-8 seasons... unless they win it all this year or next that's probably the high point of those investments... and then where are they at without Seymour, Palmer, and McFadden?

The best Raiders fans can hope for is that when McFadden is injured (something everyone who watches football has come to expect, almost to the Knowshon Moreno level of habitual injuries - just a higher upside) it isn't for a stretch of games they would have been expected to win (vs Browns, Bucs, home division games).

Edit:

Comparing Knowshon who is seen a relative failure in Denver to McFadden is kinda of interesting, they are very similar.

Moreno has played 75% of his possible games, McFadden 70%

Both have started only 50% of possible games.

McFadden 2627 yards has Moreno has 1905... but McFadden has a year on him, excluding last year they're only 100 yards apart. Per season they average 635 and 656 yards, McFadden with the slight edge.

Like I said, one is seen as savior and makes or breaks games - or sinks seaons, the other has had flashes but ultimately seen as a failure and the franchise is moving on. Tale of two teams.

There no "I hope gets hit" argument and something you pull out your keister. Is is there a history of any player coming back from his injury and being anywhere as successful as he was before? Has Manning EVER had this injury before and was back just as good as he was before? I will answer that for you.....ah, no.

Like all professional athletes, his head and ego can say all it wants...but his body will make the final decision. And until his body goes through a few good hits...he and definitely not you or anyone else will know if he is going to be good or not.

As far as the Raiders go....how are they rebuilding? They have the same QB...the same feature RB...but healthy(since we are assuming like you are with Manning)..the same WR corp...but healthy...just about the same defensive line...but healthy... more or less the LB corp...but healthy...the CBs are new...and the safeties..are the same...but, you guessed it...healthy. same special teams....

And yet with all those injuries, bringing a new QB with no pre-season and knowledge of the playbook...they were a win from making the playoffs.

Where is the rebuilding? Because you picked up our LB that was good, but overpaid by most/all experts..a CBs that was decent but also overpaid and not good last year...and a TE that was often injured?(I liked Boss and to his credit he was under used).

At no point have I seen Moreno EVER, at his healthiest, be considered one of the top RB in the NFL...when not injured like McFadden has.

And yet Moreno has similar production as McFadden, is my point, due to them both being injured so frequently.

Nice of you to suggest I am pulling things "out of my keister" (are you 12?) as I backed up my entire post with facts, and you then post none.

Try discussing, not dissing, for once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Philadelphia 8-1..Interesting,they got rid of most of the nightmare team from last season and now are a favorite.Weird,I do think they made some great moves and the defense should be really good this year.The problem is going to be as usual Vick.I see no chance of him staying healthy thru a 16 game schedule.That said I do think they are the favorites to win the NFC east.

Now that the Raiders and Lions are relavant on the field, who replaces them as one of the worst teams overall in football?

Easy the Cleveland Clowns!

meStevo said:
And yet Moreno has similar production as McFadden, is my point, due to them both being injured so frequently.

Nice of you to suggest I am pulling things "out of my keister" (are you 12?) as I backed up my entire post with facts, and you then post none.

Try discussing, not dissing, for once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Really?!

FACT: Manning has NEVER comeback from this kind of injury. FACT: has a ANY Pro Bowler with anything resembling Manning's credentials EVER come from that serious an injury to be just as productive as before? Please, name one?

And find me a reporter/insider/expert or 2 that has EVER considered Moreno one of the top RB in the NFL when healthy....

My last post had plenty of facts...you just don't agree with them. Sorry to disappoint you.

;-)

Teehar said:
Philadelphia 8-1..Interesting,they got rid of most of the nightmare team from last season and now are a favorite.Weird,I do think they made some great moves and the defense should be really good this year.The problem is going to be as usual Vick.I see no chance of him staying healthy thru a 16 game schedule.That said I do think they are the favorites to win the NFC east.

Easy the Cleveland Clowns!

The Eagles had a few injuries on top of that. And you are right, can Vick stay healthy and continue to progress as a pocket passer?

Really?!

FACT: Manning has NEVER comeback from this kind of injury. FACT: has a ANY Pro Bowler with anything resembling Manning's credentials EVER come from that serious an injury to be just as productive as before? Please, name one?

As usual you're missing the point and making it out to be something else. The 'lets see how they respond to taking a hit' is something said about all injured athletes. Manning is cleared to play, sorry to break it to you. The bigger question is the change in schemes and implementation of his offense, rather than his health. His health is little more than a sexy headline at this point.

And find me a reporter/insider/expert or 2 that has EVER considered Moreno one of the top RB in the NFL when healthy....

Let's ease into this explanation so you can't change your story on us all later... do you agree Moreno is pretty much a failure and bust?

My last post had plenty of facts...you just don't agree with them. Sorry to disappoint you.

That's what you did with my post actually, you rebutted nothing and said a bunch of things emotionally. Re-read my post and your reply.

When I first came here, Detroit and Oakland were getting the most mockery- now, who replaces them there?

Who says the Raiders are relevant? And what do you have to back that up? They haven't shown anything yet.

The Lions, yes.

Stupid BIG edit line below.

Last edited:
As usual you're missing the point and making it out to be something else. The 'lets see how they respond to taking a hit' is something said about all injured athletes. Manning is cleared to play, sorry to break it to you. The bigger question is the change in schemes and implementation of his offense, rather than his health. His health is little more than a sexy headline at this point.

Yep... he IS cleared to play. But..FACT remains, EVERYTHING I said was a FACT, both about my Raiders and about how UNTIL he HIMSELF will not know if he is "good" or not because AGAIN, he has NEVER had to comeback from this kind of injury.

LOVE the attempt of psycho analysis throwing EMOTION into the mix. LMAO! No emotion dude. I gave you facts...and gave you questions and you have resorted to wonderful bait and switch and MORE questions.

To me, Moreno has been NEITHER. He has just been injured. It's a fact of life in the NFL where the average life span of a RB is about 5 years. He has shown flashes that he could be a GOOD running back. McFadden has shown flashes that he can be an ELITE RB....BIG difference.

This ain't Fantasy Football dude. The AVERAGE career lifespan of a RB is 5 years or less. SH!7 happens. Too many of you guys think THAT way. It's the ESPNs...I tell ya they are brainwashing ya by the second.

I do not need to re-read. I know what I posted...and I what I asked.

you guys can debate all you want but keep the personal comments to YOURSELF. DO NOT quote this post or respond to it because it will at the very least be deleted. lets stop debating each other and wanting to get in the last word. stick to the topic, make your points and move on.

Last edited:
...so according to you, a PROVEN Hall-of-Fame MVP QB with 4 SERIOUS neck surgeries that are fixed..is MORE of a sure thing...than a 1st time head coach with no experience, not even an assistant coach job to his name, only 1 year as def coordinator...? LMAO! ok...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...

We'll see who is laughing....ok

We'll see who is laughing....ok

Calm the freak down dude. I was neither laughing AT you, your team or Manning.

The surgery that Manning had was not some little scope of the knee, or some rotator cuff injury. This is MAJOR surgery on a 36 year old neck...and he had FOUR of them. AND YOU are expecting him to be 'the same ole self' after ALL that?! Really? There is little to no history of someone coming back from that type of injury and playing at THE SAME level as before....probably in any professional sport. And we are talking to a sport that HIT PEOPLE for a living.

I do NOT doubt in the ability of Manning... I am sure his ego(as all professional athletes have them) and his mind is saying yes. It's whether his neck and the rest of his body agrees with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Thoughts- The Almost-August Edition

AP PRO32 NFL rankings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)