NFL Network question

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I had Dish Network last year and I had NFL Network. This year I wont. But anyways, I live in Green Bay, WI. The Packer play on NFL Network this year against the Cowboys (Favre has never won at Dallas, 0-7) The game will be broadcasted locally on CBS, will CBS show the HD version or will it be standard?

Thanks

They probably don't know for sure yet. It depends on the ranking of the teams, availability of HD equipment, etc, etc.

But CBS is going up from 3 HD games per week, up to five or six per week this year. But hey, why would a NFC game be on CBS? My guess is, it's the NFL Network feed being piped into your local station, so it's probably going to be in HD for you.

It depends on your CBS affiliate. IIRC our CBS affiliate got the Monday Night Football game last year, but the affiliate only carried the SD feed. Our NBC affiliate got the NFL Network game and they carried the HD feed along with the SD feed.

Only your local affiliate or other local people that can recall how the NFLNet game was handled last year may know for sure.

I called in the area I love in which is New York, they don't have it. Even though I remember watching it when they had it for free for a week.

It's a question that would probably be better put to the local station carrying the game.

As for CBS affiliates, WFRV, IIRC, is a CBS O&O (purchased as part of the deal that made WCCO in Minneapolis a CBS O&O - WFRV was the ABC affiliate in Green Bay before that). The CBS affiliate in Cincinnati is currently owned by Clear Channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts