NHK World Gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As far as I recall, NHK's never mentioned their KU feed on their website, only their C-band feed. The "important notice" that page links to says the following:

"The viewers who are watching NHK WORLD TV, receiving the channel’s signal from a satellite using a large-size antenna (over 1 meter in diameter), are kindly requested to check your satellite receiver and confirm whether your equipment can continue to receive NHK WORLD TV’s new signal after July."

I don't think this will affect their Ku feed, but we'll just have to wait and see.

does this mean the end for NHK World on KU band?

according to the link you posted it affects,
"The viewers who are receiving the signal of NHK WORLD TV directly from Intelsat Satellites (IS-19, IS-20, or IS-21)"
Reading further it appears that the signal on some satellites will be changing from DVB-S to DVB-S2 and all satellites mentioned show a frequency change and IS-19 & IS-20 both using a 2/3 FEC.

New Broadcasting System (from July 1st)
Please set the frequency, symbol rate, FEC value and others on your digital satellite tuner to receive our transmission. Please find the setting details in your region shown below:

• Asia-Pacific Region

Satellite: IS-19
    Frequency: 4140MHz, Symbol Rate: 29.91Msps, FEC Value: 2/3, Polarization: H, Modulation: DVB-S2/QPSK
    HD(1080/50i, 60i) <MPEG-4 AVC/H.264>, Channel Information: [1080/50i English], [1080/60i English]
    *For reception in Standard Definition (SD) format, please prepare a High Definition (HD) digital tuner with function to convert HD signal to SD signal.
  • Southwest & Central Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe Region

Satellite: IS-20
    Frequency: 3841MHz, Symbol Rate: 29.91Msps, FEC Value: 2/3, Polarization: H, Modulation: DVB-S2/QPSK
    HD(1080/50i, 60i) <MPEG-4 AVC/H.264>, Channel Information: [1080/50i English], [1080/60i English]
    *For reception in Standard Definition (SD) format, please prepare a High Definition (HD) digital tuner with function to convert HD signal to SD signal.
  • South & North America Region

Satellite: IS-21
    Frequency: 4160MHz, Symbol Rate: 26.59Msps, FEC Value: 1/2, Polarization: H, Modulation: DVB-S/QPSK?as current?
    HD(1080/60i) <MPEG-4 AVC/H.264>, Channel Information: [1080/60i English]
    PAL <MPEG-2>: Channel Information: [625 English]
All these are C-band signals and I saw no mention of their ku signals.

They were just changing their transponders around last time I check can a mod look that up and repost that. Its just main C band transmission not ku.

Only affects 58W, just re-scan after it disappears if you have an mpeg-4/H.264 capable receiver. Signal mode stays QPSK.
Would have thought they would go 8psk too and save some bandwidth. New $$ transmission equipment can wait for next upgrade! :)

I don't think any of the ku-band feeds are from NHK. They are other providers rebroadcasting the signal, so their availability is nothing to do with NHK.

The service on 101 (or is it 103?) is part of a package aimed at hotels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts