NHL Devils Blackout?

ccash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Long Island
Anyone else in NY getting blacked out of the Devils Sabers game tonight? Fox NY is one of my regular RSN's I always get the Devil games!

OK, but are you getting the game on MSG? Aren't the Sabers at home for this game? I think/thought that MSG owns/has the Sabers' home broadcast carriage rights. So even though the Devils are your home tam (correct?) wouldn't the broadcast be shown on the home team's channel? Do I have it confused? It all seems weird when two teams so regionally close play like that. Damn BO rules strike again?

OK, but are you getting the game on MSG? Aren't the Sabers at home for this game? I think/thought that MSG owns/has the Sabers' home broadcast carriage rights.

The Knicks are MSG tonight. Fox NY has the Devils game scheduled its just "not available".

I am not a big hockey fan, nor in your area, but any chance a local affiliate also carries the game? Or one of the RSN alternates? Just thinking out loud to help.

Last edited:
I am not a big hockey fan, nor in your area, but any chance a local affiliate also carries the game? Or one of the RSN alternates? Just thinking out loud to help.

The Devils game is on Fox Sports NY, which is the home rsn for the Devils in the NY dma. Seems like the blackout was put in place in error. Buffalo has their games on an MSG alternate in the Buffalo dma and not on MSG in NY dma, so that shouldn't be the reason.

Wasn't sure if you guys got both RSNs or not so that killed that idea. Thanks. Seeing you have info a BO was put in, in error, maybe e found it later.

622: Only record OTA on TV1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts