Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
AT&T promised us LTE by the end if the year here in the Hartford area.

I have had my LTE turned on, on iPhone for the past few weeks hoping to get a LTE signal.

Up until now (including last night) I only had the 4G icon on my iPhone 5, but this morning Santa came a few days early as I woke up to 5 bars LTE on my display!

I did a speed test and was floored to see it is faster then my cable modem service! It tests at over 50 meg down each time!

The only thing I am worried about now is how easy it will be for me to go over my data cap.

Thanks AT&T for the early Christmas gift

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-4137050417.png
    image-4137050417.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 449
Sweet! I wonder how long you will keep those speeds? When ours got turned on with Verizon I was hitting in the 40s down. Still getting 30+ down and 17-20 up.

Will be soon for me too... Sprint has swapped out their equipment on a tower close to me. Pretty cool to see them swapping the entire network out even 2g and 3G stuff.

Sent from a little old Note 2

The only thing I am worried about now is how easy it will be for me to go over my data cap.
What will do you download differently now just because you have LTE ? We've had LTE with VZW for almost a year now and I don't really download "more", it's just whatever I do download, I get "faster". I never thought it would make a difference, but even web browsing is noticeably faster.

Nice Scott I don't see LTE coming anytime soon here, but I have been surprised.

What will do you download differently now just because you have LTE ? We've had LTE with VZW for almost a year now and I don't really download "more", it's just whatever I do download, I get "faster". I never thought it would make a difference, but even web browsing is noticeably faster.

I agree. My usage has not gone up moving to LTE, I just get what I normally use faster.

The thing that has me worried is that I watch Slingbox a lot and worry that it may download more since it detects a faster connection.

Other then that I don't see any issues.

If you are watching the same amount of tv using sling it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

The thing that has me worried is that I watch Slingbox a lot and worry that it may download more since it detects a faster connection.

Always can take a second mortgage on the house for more mb.

We all are going to be data poor or is that poor from data?

It is probably more limited by the uplink on your home broadband than by the download speed.

Does your iPhone have a bandwidth monitor? If it does mark your usage and then stream for a little bit and see what it uses.

How far away are you from the AT&T tower? I'm in Southington and Farmington and can't get an LTE signal. I didn't even know LTE had been lit up until I did some research..

There is one about a half mile away from my house.

LTE is not officially lit up yet for our area, I am watching it today and they are going from LTE to 4G and back, almost like they are still working on things.

When its officially on AT&T will announce it.

Ahh I didn't see that (and they were supposed to send it to me upon release)

I got one of my co workers here who also has an iPhone 5 and the 4G to LTE and back switching on and off is happening on both devices at the same time. In fact at the moment its 4G and not LTE.

Decision time on iphone5 has arrived.

Apple Pinch to Zoom Invalidated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)