Nimiq 4 strength

SJ44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
As of now, all odd transponders, except 3, are on Nimiq 4 at 82°.
I have all 100 for them here.
Wonder what strength you have in the south.

Over night I have lost all odd TP on 82 with the exception of TP3 that is coming in at 82%. All other 0%.

Did a check switch and it come back with 91 ALL and 82 EVEN.

This is the trouble shooting I have done

changed the 91 and 82 cables around on my switches, did a check switch still the same ALL on 91 only EVEN on 82, switches seem fine

then switched LNB's on my dishes (2 dishes 1 for 91 and 1 for 82) did a check switch and still the same ALL on 91 and only EVEN on 82. So I ruled out that the switches are bad and the lnbs are bad.

By passed the switch on one of the recveivers, replaced the cable and still only EVEN TP are showing up with the exception TP3. WTF is going on.

Did memory dumps, check switches without cables, with cables, unplugged, plugged, seems to want to download the guide many times.

What confuses me is that there were there last night and gone today. Call CSR did a rehit nothing.

And why are only the EVEN TP showing up on a check switch but in viewing the strengths TP 3 is the only one of the odd that has %.

All the EVEN TP are around 87% and that lone baby TP3 is at 82% locked.

No overnight wind to move the dish.

So some brainstorming, what do you think is the problem? Both receivers are doing the same thing!!!

I am done scratching my head now!

For us down South we have nothing!!!

At this moment I have TP1 at 89, TP3 at 90, all the rest of the odd TP's are zero. All even TPs are in the 80's. I am in the south.

ARE THE ODD'S SHOWING UP WHEN YOU DO A CHECK SWITCH? THIS DOESN'T LOOK VERY GOOD FOR US RIGHT NOW!!!

Well you were breaking the Customer Service agreement with Bell by receiving Signals outside of Canada so I guess now you should get hold of Dish or Direct and stop breaking the rules.

It's hard to say if Nimiq 4 is in its final position. There are two other satellites in close proximity.

-Mike

Well you were breaking the Customer Service agreement with Bell by receiving Signals outside of Canada so I guess now you should get hold of Dish or Direct and stop breaking the rules.

we're not breaking the rules by Subscribing to ExpressVu or Starchoice. There is no law that says its ILLEGAL for a US folk to subscribe to Canadian TV :rolleyes:

and Starchoice allows snowbirds to take their system to Florida/Arizona etc

OK this is odd (no pun intended)

I am in Minnesota and farther North than Toronto (I am at 44.7N Minneapolis) and on all evens on my FTA system I get around 77-78 on the Coolsat 5000. Now I'm just using this for sake of argument. On odds 12252 (TP3) I get 73 but the rest hover between 64-65 which on the Coolsat is the threshold (63 is the actual threshold)

So I guess this poses a couple questions
1. Is N4 really running or are they still moving stuff around?
2. If it truly is a Canadian satellite, how the hell do they make such a sharp cut from Southern Ontario to NW Ontario blocvking out Michigan, Wisconsin & Minnesota?

Iceberg, with all the equipement you have; can it ID the satellite source?
I don't know how sharp spot beam can be with today satellite antenna.

Star

Ice, can you prepare us Bell Customers your thoughts pros and con's on Star? I know we don't have a choice it seems to switch over but I was wondering if we will have the same coverage isses?

Would you recomend the larger dish that they have?

How is the quality of the picture vs. Bell which digital was really bad.

i'm trying to way if this is really worth the expense of doing.

Any feedback on Star would be helpful to us all.

Thanks for all your support over the past years with your comments, keep up the good work!

Here in Northern California, the Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer is showing only one active transponder this morning. Transponder 2 is showing a very strong signal, but there are no signals on the other 31 transponders.:(

Iceberg, with all the equipement you have; can it ID the satellite source?
nah it just says "ExpressVu 82"
I don't know how sharp spot beam can be with today satellite antenna.
I kniow they can be sharp but dang I'm 180 miles from the border and like I say SW Ontario is farther south than Minnesota ;)

OK this is odd (no pun intended)

I am in Minnesota and farther North than Toronto (I am at 44.7N Minneapolis) and on all evens on my FTA system I get around 77-78 on the Coolsat 5000. Now I'm just using this for sake of argument. On odds 12252 (TP3) I get 73 but the rest hover between 64-65 which on the Coolsat is the threshold (63 is the actual threshold)

So I guess this poses a couple questions
1. Is N4 really running or are they still moving stuff around?
2. If it truly is a Canadian satellite, how the hell do they make such a sharp cut from Southern Ontario to NW Ontario blocvking out Michigan, Wisconsin & Minnesota?

I'm just northwest of Spokane in Eastern Washington. Signal levels on 82 have improved significantly across all transponders. Previously, only two transponders were in the low 80's. Everything else was in the 61 to 71 range. As of this morning, the lowest signal level I get is 69 on one transponder. The others are all mid 70's to upper 80's with over half 80+. Looks like the "crapellite" is gone!:) No more rain fade!:up

I'm using two 18" dishes, one aimed at 91 and the other at 82. I keep both peaked. If they have managed to carve out Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota, that's gonna be one strange looking footprint!

Mine is still getting a lock on all transponders in Denver using my 30" Dish 500.
But transponders 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, 16, 17, 20, 21, 24, 25, 28, 29, 32 have all dropped. It looks like they have a strange beam pattern on that bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts