Nintendo Switch Thread

EA said their support for the Switch is one of their biggest games. Implying they are only developing one or two games for the console rather than their entire annual lineup.

I highly doubt it's going to be Battlefield or Titanfall. My guess would be Mass Effect Andromeda or one of the upcoming Star Wars games.

I'd expect it to be Fifa or Madden but but sure Frostbite is Switch compatible.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I completely forgot about the sports games. It could be Madden but it sounds like they got burned pretty bad when they brought Madden 13 over to the Wii U. Bad enough that they didn't bother to bring any more Madden games to the platform.

When Kotaku checked the online servers there were 42 people playing Madden 13 on Wii U with only 1 person in game. At the same time the 360 had 31,080 people playing Madden 13 with 2,978 in game.

http://kotaku.com/5968909/when-only...-madden-on-the-wii-u-its-not-a-sports-console

The problem EA and other third party publishers have with almost every game is that people don't buy third party games on Nintendo platforms anymore and they haven't for a pretty long time. Most people who care about Madden, Titanfall, Battlefield, Mass Effect, or just about every other major third party release already own a PS4 or Xbox One. If people who own one of those consoles also buy a Switch (I plan to) how many of them are going to choose the Switch version of Madden over Xbox One/PS4? My guess is that it won't be very many. The Switch might change things a little bit due the the portability factor. Some people might choose that version because they can take it on the road but I think it will be a pretty small percentage.

They don't buy third parties because Nintendo has be a unique snowflake and do their own thing. It's chicken and egg from there, expensive to make AAA games for a system that doesnt sell because it doesn't have AAA third party games.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last night on the Tonight Show Reggie Fils Amie (Head of Nintendo of America) was on showing off both the new Mario Run iOS game as well as the Nintendo Switch, and they showed off some more of the new Zelda game.

I was honestly more impressed by Mario Run. It annoys me that as an Android user I'm going to have to wait longer to play it, but seeing someone actually play it (and not some controlled demo) gave me a better view of what it was and now I'm all in (unless reviews say otherwise of course.)

Last night on the Tonight Show Reggie Fils Amie (Head of Nintendo of America) was on showing off both the new Mario Run iOS game as well as the Nintendo Switch, and they showed off some more of the new Zelda game.

I was honestly more impressed by Mario Run. It annoys me that as an Android user I'm going to have to wait longer to play it, but seeing someone actually play it (and not some controlled demo) gave me a better view of what it was and now I'm all in (unless reviews say otherwise of course.)

Yeah, Mario Run looks cool. I don't play many mobile games but I'll likely be grabbing that one. We obviously didn't get to see much gameplay but the Switch looks like a really nice piece of hardware too. It looks like a piece of modern technology unlike my 3DS XL that looks and feels like a toy next to my Vita.

The Switch is being released on March 3rd, for $299.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/12/technology/nintendo-switch-gaming-console-price-details/index.html

Nintendo's latest gaming console is only weeks away and will provide a new platform for some of the company's most popular titles.
The Japanese video game giant announced Friday that the eagerly awaited device, the Switch, will go on sale worldwide on March 3 for $299.99.

At a big event in Japan that was streamed online, Nintendo (NTDOF) revealed an impressive first wave of games for the Switch, a handheld system that can easily transform into a console for the home.

Switch will launch with "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" in March. And Mario will follow later, first in "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" in April and then in "Super Mario Odyssey" in time for the holiday season.

Now the important question is; How much do I love my children...

The Switch is being released on March 3rd, for $299.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/12/technology/nintendo-switch-gaming-console-price-details/index.html

Now the important question is; How much do I love my children...

The important question for me is will there be any games. The fact that there will only be 4 games on launch day is very concerning to me. The only one of those 4 games I'm interested in is Zelda and that is also coming out on the Wii U.

Also, they are calling the second set of games the launch window but it goes all the way out to Fall releases and there are still only 12 of them. I'm sure there will be more games than this released this year but having so few announced games is not good. Then there is the fact that several of them are games that already came out on other platforms.

I was pretty optimistic about the Switch after it's reveal. I was looking for a reason to want to get one at launch. I don't have a Wii U and I do want to play Zelda but I'm definitely not in a rush to get one of these anymore.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/13/14241960/nintendo-switch-launch-titles-prices-release-dates

Launch day
  • 1-2-Switch
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Skylanders Imaginators
  • Just Dance 2017
Launch window
  • Has Been Heroes (March 2017)
  • I am Setsuna (March 2017)
  • Sonic Mania (Spring 2017)
  • Lego City Undercover (Spring 2017)
  • Arms (spring 2017)
  • Super Bomberman R (March 2017)
  • Snipperclips: Cut it Out, Together! (March 2017)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 28, 2017)
  • Splatoon 2 (Summer 2017)
  • NBA 2K18 (September 2017)
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Fall 2017)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Holiday 2017)

Must love the kids, successfully pre-ordered 2 Switch's.

After some searching, managed to grab another pre-order for the 3rd child this morning. Probably give them to them for Easter. Would do birthdays, as 2 of them are in May, but the oldest boy isnt til Sept.

Curious to see how local multi-player will work out. Will each player need a copy of the game, or can they all run from a single copy like the PSP could.

btw, it's funny to see what pre-order reciepts are going for on ebay. The scalpers are probably pissed it's not closer to Christmas, as I don't see many paying the markup.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts