No clipping warning

jeff5656

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Boy do I miss Tivo! I was recroding a foorball game lets say it starts at 1 pm. Then I saw at 3 pm something on the guide so i hit record and also recorded something else. The point, is that the DVR does not warn you that the 1pm program will be clipped. It just does it, based on a priority (you have to manually look up the priority). With Tivo it would say "warning if you do this, the 1pm program will be clipped. proceed? y/n" or something like that. I found this out when I went back and watched the 1pm game and after 2 hours it just ended!

I guess I'm just ranting since I don;t think there is a soluton to this is there (short of dish network stealing the tivo programmers)?

Last edited:
Don't know what you are talking about.

Boy do I miss Tivo! I was recroding a foorball game lets say it starts at 1 pm. Then I saw at 3 pm something on the guide so i hit record and also recorded something else. The point, is that the DVR does not warn you that the 1pm program will be clipped. It just does it, based on a priority (you have to manually look up the priority). With Tivo it would say "warning if you do this, the 1pm program will be clipped. proceed? y/n" or something like that. I found this out when I went back and watched the 1pm game and after 2 hours it just ended!

I guess I'm just ranting since I don;t think there is a soluton to this is there (short of dish network stealing the tivo programmers)?

What it sounds like is the game went OT from what the schedule listed it. It would be cut off in that case. But another program being set at the same time will warn you that you have a conflict and you need to auto resolve or change priority of events.

What it sounds like is the game went OT from what the schedule listed it. It would be cut off in that case. But another program being set at the same time will warn you that you have a conflict and you need to auto resolve or change priority of events.
No. Actually a football game is scheduled for 3 hours. The dish's default is actually set to record for an hour over so that's 4 hours. Instead, it stopped after 2 hours because two subsequent recordings were set and I guess dish gave them higher priority (without telling me).

Default?

No. Actually a football game is scheduled for 3 hours. The dish's default is actually set to record for an hour over so that's 4 hours. Instead, it stopped after 2 hours because two subsequent recordings were set and I guess dish gave them higher priority (without telling me).

What default is set to an hr over. The default setting is 3 mins extra you have to change that setting to make it an hr over. The priority is set by you when the program is a newer timer than a previously set timer.
BTW one doesn't have to be smart as a speller just use the spell check feature. It underlines the mistakes.

If the game was set to end at 3, but ran over, you won't get a message. It will just move on to the next item in the timer. Any time there is a conflict you do get a message asking how you want to resolve, stop recording, etc. Been this way on all of my DVRs.

S~

What default is set to an hr over. The default setting is 3 mins extra you have to change that setting to make it an hr over. The priority is set by you when the program is a newer timer than a previously set timer.
BTW one doesn't have to be smart as a speller just use the spell check feature. It underlines the mistakes.

Sports are set to 1 hour over by default, however if you try to set another recording, it will end it for new dvr and not give a warning.

There is a glitch in when it doesn't automatically stop the 2nd and 3rd program from recording. Not counting OTA, there are times when the guide will have 3 programs set to record without a conflict alert popping up.

I haven't been able to reproduce 100%, but I have come across it.

Sports are set to 1 hour over by default, however if you try to set another recording, it will end it for new dvr and not give a warning.
Sounds like it's a "soft" extension. It presumes that if the user forces a 2nd recording like this, that the add'l hour extension isn't necessary ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts