no Dish'n Up 625s???

pabeader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
OTP Georgia
today I called Dish and tried to upgrade my 301 to a 625 and was told they didn't have any. But that I could buy one for 350. If they don't have any then how can I buy one?

Anybody else run into this and how did you get it resolved?

Thanks for any help you folks can provide.

You could try asking for a 522. Unless you are really unlucky, the tech won't have one and will have to install a 625 instead. the activation line will let them do this with no extra cost to you.

you should be able to do a 522/625 upgrade. I've done at least 5 625 New connects and 2 522 upgrades (which get 625 receivers right now cause we have no 522) just this week. I have no clue what the CSR was talking about (and I don't think they did either).

today I called Dish and tried to upgrade my 301 to a 625 and was told they didn't have any. But that I could buy one for 350. If they don't have any then how can I buy one?

Anybody else run into this and how did you get it resolved?

Thanks for any help you folks can provide.

Never take a CSR's word on inventory. They don't know what's available, or how many of them... There are plenty of 625's. Call back and talk to someone else.

probably not the case, but maybe she meant to say you did not yet qualiify for DIU, and you would need to purchase the 625. Just a thought. We have plenty of 625's in our warehouse, definately not out.

I called on the Jan 5th and upgraded from 2-625's to 2-VIP722's and they are installing on the 9th. You order should not be a problem now!