No More Prepaid DP301s

nyislander

Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
PA
I ordered a DP301 (G3 Smartcard included) from Sadoun yesterday and just got off the phone with one of their reps telling me they do not have any more and they will not be getting any more prepay boxes in the future.

nyi

thank you mikil321.

I don't know if the discontinuing of prepaid receivers is unique to Sadoun or it is a new mandate from Dish Network but I got one from dishdepot.

nyi

Last edited:
Update

Here is a C&P from another forum in response to my origin post:

Dish Network are no longer offering Pre-paid receivers to dealers. The service is no longer available after the current inventory is depleted.

Whatever dealers have in their inventory of 301 pre-paid Dish Now receivers is IT.

Dish Network just started offering DHA TOO or FlexTV instead of Pre-Paid Dish NOW service.
Which is better? Why the change?

nyi

301 is not the exclusive pervue of pre-paid, it is also an excellent SD receiver in it's own right.

The 311 and 301 are the only single tuner non-DVR SD receivers Dish has left. They are the foundation of Dish's SD reception.

They are not being manufactured any more, but they almost certainly will not be phased out.

Pre-paid is being phased out, not the 301.

Help Me Understand ...

These DP301s are "factory re-manufactured" to allow the Pre-Paid option, are you saying that they could be used as normally subscribed boxes after the Pre-Paid option has been discontinued by Dish Network?

nyi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)