No PPV access

plaything

Original poster
Mar 26, 2015
san juan capistrano, ca
Brand new to this forum and my first post so here goes:
Had an independent installer install my DISH system 1 1/2 years ago and haven't had any problem so far but....
I haven't tried to rent any PPV movies or events until now and apparently there's a problem. A small window comes up saying I must have a phone line or an Internet line connected to my receiver (722K) before I can use the PPV feature (or something like that).
So I put a splitter in my phone line and connected a phone line to the receiver - still will not work, now a small window finally pops up but it’s only visible for 1-2 seconds and then it’s gone and I don’t know what it says..

What do I need to do to take advantage of this feature?
Thanks!

If you have the phone line connected, there are a few things you can do. First off press menu>6-3. This should give you an option to test your connection. If good, perform call out. If bad unplug phone line from receiver and connect it direct to a phone, and listen for a dial tone.

Reactions: ZachS@DISH
If you have the phone line connected, there are a few things you can do. First off press menu>6-3. This should give you an option to test your connection. If good, perform call out. If bad unplug phone line from receiver and connect it direct to a phone, and listen for a dial tone.
Connection was good. Did a call out. Tried a rental and it was fine so think I'm OK now. Also that I can order on line too which I didn't know. Thanks!

Hopper cuts off (recording show) when I change channel

Super Joey woes in new home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts