Not all of the Transponders on g 19 will lock in

wdigital1

Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Washington
I have satellite system that was switched over to g19, recently we had to replace the dish. Now the main transponder that was watched will not lock in, however 6 of the other transponders lock in just fine. I have tried tweaking the dish/lnb to get 11842 to come in with no luck. As a note I was doing the tuning with a First Strike meter.
thx
Will

:welcome to SatelliteGuys! There are many members here to assist, but I will get the ball rolling.

11842 transponder can be an issue if the dish is undersized, warped or damaged. Several transponders on Galaxy19 lock-in with higher Signal Quality if the dish is panned slightly to the west from the position that peaks for other transponders on this satellite due to adjacent satellite interference from a satellite at 95W.

Try this process for finding and peaking a dish for Galaxy19:

• Locate the satellite using 12152.
  • Peak for highest Signal Quality, but balanced for highest average Signal Quality on these 3 transponders, 12115, 11842 and 12152.

If the 11842 transponder is not locking at all, I would suggest that you look for a problem with the install.

• Bent or warped dish. Perform a string test to verify that the strings lightly touch as they cross in the center of the dish.
  • Incorrect receiver / meter programming. Verify 11842, Horizontal, 22000
  • Defective receiver (check for 13VDC output on vertical transponder, 14VDC on horizontal transponder)
  • Splitter in line with a single output LNBF to service additional receivers (this of course will not work as the LNBF can only send one polarity down the coax at a time).
  • Defective LNBF
  • Damaged coax and / or corroded fittings
Any additional information about the install might be helpful. I.E. dish model and size, LNBF model, receiver, etc.

Let us know any resolution!