Now thats an EBNO

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I was looking at EBNO's after my alignment and I see I'm topped back out again. I noticed lately I was getting 13.0 where I was getting 15.0 before. Im so glad to see this again. :D

Attachments

• HI-EBNO.jpg
    HI-EBNO.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 197
I've never had it higher than 10 or so, but all my DCII stuff uses the 7.5 foot dish, so I guess it's OK.
Most impressive with that 15.0 though! :D:up

I've never had it higher than 10 or so, but all my DCII stuff uses the 7.5 foot dish' so I guess it's OK.
Most impressive with that 15.0 though! :D:up

And that's in 90 degree temperatures on a 1989 vintage Cal Amp 40 degree commercial grade LNB. I should have known something was up when I've been showing 13.0 lately. !sadroll

It was 104 here today! :devil: I'm surprised none of my stuff outside melted yet
...or burst into FLAMES! :eek:

It was 104 here today! :devil: I'm surprised none of my stuff outside melted yet
...or burst into FLAMES! :eek:

104 that's too hot. :yikes Hell 90 is getting up there by me were suppose to get into the 90's the next few days then get back into the upper 80's by Friday. I have to spend an afternoon (shooting for Friday) on a roof this week working on the guys MATV system that I put the W5 dish up for. Been waiting for parts, there's a shortage on OTA outside antenna's right now. I guess the digital transition has been making companies like Winegard some good bucks.

90+ here today and I have a couple projects outside to do...I'm waiting

If I need to get to the roof, the hose is coming with to cool it down :)

gonna try for those numbers when I figure out what to use on the dish, either repaired corotor or geosatpro lnbf. . W5 was always my strongest.. 99Q and between 10 and 11 ebno.

measured my dish last night, calc'd f/d as .42, feed was at 36.. always has been.. ever since whoever installed it.. I just left it alone.. can't wait to see what happens when it's setup properly

I can only claim +13.8 with the 8.5 footer and a BSC-621 on W5

i can get 14.0+ on w5, sometimes 15.0+

but tvropro can get 15 on most, yet he has a 12 footer and i have a 10 foot channel master HIGH PERFORMANCE satellite antenna, that i belive will outdo a birdview or a 10 foot winegard:p

here is iceberg's guidlines

The higher the ebno, the less amount of rain fade you have. In most cases these are the "guidelines"
+3.5 to have a signal
+3.5 to +5.0 to keep a stable picture...rain fade very possible
+5.0 to +6.0 nice solid picture but rain fade is possible
+6.0 to +8.0 strong signal
+8.0 to +10.0 really strong picture
+10.0 and above....highly unlikely the signal would ever go out :)

so what is the highest ebno can you get possible?

i can get 14.0+ on w5, sometimes 15.0+

but tvropro can get 15 on most, yet he has a 12 footer and i have a 10 foot channel master HIGH PERFORMANCE satellite antenna, that i belive will outdo a birdview or a 10 foot winegard:p

The higher the ebno, the less amount of rain fade you have. In most cases these are the "guidelines"
+3.5 to have a signal

Attached are the specs on my dish.

Bigger is always better.

Hey Fizzle post a picture of your EBNO....

Attachments

• 12footUNI.jpg
    12footUNI.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

+3.5 to have a signal

that is mainly for KU (Shaw Direct). For C_Band that point is moot as C-Band has very little rainfade

that is mainly for KU (Shaw Direct). For C_Band that point is moot as C-Band has very little rainfade

BTW Ice we have had some good rains since I put up the 6 foot for the client. I asked him how it does in the rain the other day. He said no problems :)

here ya go

15.0+ on w5 attached picture :p

GB=14.0+
T4=12.0+
w3=8.0+ (weak sat?)
T6=12.0+
G3=10.8+
W4=12.0+

15.0+ is as good as it gets, right?

Attachments

• IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 133
Fizzle did his on a DMX music channel, lets see it on a video channel that uses some bandwidth. Mine is from ABC Family on G5 using the generic map (just where I was at) vs channel 600.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts