Occasional Black Screen

I am using component for my Voom stb with my Sammy DLP and the DVI is used with my DVD player. You do loose a little detail using component, but its not that much to get upset about. I am using Tributaries brand component cables too.

As for contacting your local stations about OTA problems, I would suggest maybe going to the following AVS foreum (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/). I now my local station engineers in Hampton Roads - VA use the board to communicate with its public. So I would suggest giving this a try.

Like I said, I have no problems when I use component out, but the issue is really that if the Voom stb features a DVI output, I dont think its too much to ask that it just work properly. I should'nt have to switch to component (both my Voom stb and DVD player are currently connected to my tv via DVI). I hope there's a solution in the works.

UPDATE: So the installer came over with the "other" DVI cable that was supposed to fix the drop out problem... well, its the exact same cable that came free with the Voom receiver. Needless to say, it didnt fix anything. Any other bright ideas Voom? :)

I woke up this morning and ota and sat channels were black.

Menus worked fine, just no audio or video from channels.

I did the 5 second power switch reboot, they came back.

1st time I saw this!

I've been getting a black channel ocassionally when exiting out of the Menu system. I know for certain I was on Channel 103 last night when it happened. All of my OTA signals are 80+ & I've never experienced an issue with them.

I'm able to fix the black screen by channeling up and down.

UPDATE #2: Voom replaced my STB last week...and since then, I havent seen a single DVI dropout! Odd since both boxes had the latest firmware, but it looks like the latest versions of the STB do not have this problem. If you are experiencing intermittent 1-2 second screen black outs when using DVI, I would have Voom replace your box. I am now a happy camper. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)