Odered 811, charged account, not shipped

skidog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
Waconia, Minnesota
So I was on that DBS website reading a post that said dish charged their account but had not shipped the 811 receiver and they ordered it 9 days ago, so it got me thinking since I had ordered mine on 8/19/04 and have not received it I called dish to inquire it's where abouts. Before I called I checked my online checking account to see if I had been charged and I was the day after I called. Anyway after a long wait on the phone with the csr trying to find out where my receiver was she finally comes back on and says it has not shipped yet because there was a big demand for them but she said I should get it next week sometime and if I don't to call back. Ok that sucks since I've been going home to see if it's there yet everyday, anyway on that other website SimpleSimon said that if they charge you the item has to ship within 48 hours. If that's true what do you do about it cause they are way late in shipping.

Well, here's the downside. Debit cards don't have the same protections as credit cards.

On the plus side, you might be pissed over waiting, but E* is NOT going to rip you off.

Actually, check your Dish Account. With mine, they charged my credit card and then credited my Dish Account. Then once the unit shipped placed the charge back on the Dish account. I am not sure why they do this, but my guess is to work around some quirk in their billing system.

The best part is I got home yesterday and looked at my bill and they had charged me starting the on the 19th for the HD package 7.08 and then charged me for the next month for the HD package 9.99 and I don't even have the flippin HD receiver yet! When I called and ordered the 811 and the HD package she told me that when I got the receiver hooked up to call and then they would activate it and the HD package, so is it me or are they really that dumb? :shocked

On the plus side you should be able to get the "free" six months HD pack as an new sub! :D

Shout, SHOUT and then SHOUT LOUDER! as you don't have service yet. :mad:

I bought my 811 back in December of last year. Dish charged my credit card instantly and then after I got nasty with them, instead of crediting my Visa, they credited my Dish account. So my next $81 bill was paid and my Dish account had a credit for $69 dollars. They will not credit your Visa. The bottom line is this is an old old subject. Where have you newbies been, we beat this subject to death a year ago. Just get over it.

jerryez said:
Where have you newbies been, we beat this subject to death a year ago. Just get over it.

Duh. If they're newbies, they wouldn't have seen it a year ago. And oh yeah, they shouldn't have to get over it. They should post complaints to forums such as this if they so desire. They might actually get some useful advice, in between whinging like yours.

You're right about that for sure, Gary!

To speculate on why they won't credit back the card account:

1. Merchant's card fees can change based on the number of chargebacks (voids/credits/whatever). I doubt that would apply to an outfit like E*, but maybe.

2. Their billing & CSR system programmer's have always seemed like the washouts from a bad day in PC hell. They probably just can't figure out how to do it. I've written some Cybercash stuff for example, and that API was pretty screwy. You had to be able to divine the magic to do a void or credit. What I mean by that is you had to be able to think a nanometer beyond what was in the manual.

WJD, well what happened was I apparently misplaced last months bill so they deducted the 24.95 from that. I did call and they removed the partial charge of 7.08 and I paid the current bill as well which included the 9.99 and 24.95 for the receiver and HD package so I will see if I get the receiver soon if not I'll call back and inquire about charging people for items that are not shipped and see what excuse I get.

Another splitter question.

510 and 811 in combination?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)