Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

I lost all my OTA locals after watching NCAA on CBS for quite awhile. Luckily, a reboot brought them all back. The receiver had been on about 4 1/2 hours when the OTA's were lost.

I lost all my OTA locals after watching NCAA on CBS for quite awhile. Luckily, a reboot brought them all back. The receiver had been on about 4 1/2 hours when the OTA's were lost.

Same problem here. I've lost all the OTA channels twice tonight and had to do a reboot to get them back each time. Seems to happen randomly while changing channels between them.

When you say lost what do you mean? They disappeard from the guide and everything? Or you couldn't get them to lock?

Everything works except I lost all my OTA locals. It's as if the OTA tuner has been turned off inside the receiver. Tech help was no help, it's being returned. If anyone else has had this problem and fixed it help. I love everything else about the update. I have checked switch numerous times and deleted locals, rescanned rebooted, you name it. I don't know of anything else to do.

I just had the same thing happen with mine (L4.01). It won't even attempt to scan for channels. I have tried everything but a power cord reboot.

I reported this too as well as the fact if you lock out the mpeg4 hd locals in the 6000 range and only use the channel map down to the lower numbers, you get no search results for either channel in the hd range. So you can not use channel map down mirrored channels without leaving the larger number versions of the same channels out of the lock out option. I see a problem with this. How many people want several channels in different ranges all cluttering up thier guides? And how will Dish eventully replace all sd channels with thier hd versions if they are mirrored to there lower sd channel numbers and the search features don't work? This needs to be addressed as it limits all search features with the mapdown channels. I consider this a major bug .

Just got home from work and errands. Glad someone else see's this as a problem. Got an email reply from dish that they recognise it and are working on it. It's pretty obvious to me that with any experience people aren't going to want to do searches this way!

sbturner-
Yesterday I also lost all my HD OTA locals. As you wrote, it's like the OTA turner was turned off. But they were back again when I turned on the receiver this morning. On some previous page of this thread I noticed that someone had done a check-switch and gotten them back with that.

What do you mean by "power cord reset"? I held the power button in for 5 seconds to force a reboot and got the OTA's back.

Basically there are two kinds of resets. Soft reset - hold the power button, Hard reset - pull the power cord or filp off the surge protector/UPS.

Same story here. Loose my OTA channels screen goes completly black. Also none of the Sat. channels are on either.. Have to do a power button reset. then all come back. Deffintly a pain in the A**. Isn't technology great?

Particularly since the 622 only can record OTA HD or digital channels. It doesn't pick up analog channels, so why not label all OTA channels HD. Dumb.

Hopefully they will fix it with the next release. But reading this thread, its amazing how much more stable this is than the fiasco we had with L3.63.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts