AZBOX Official announcement and launch of AzBox United States

I have seen that NA Me or MiniMe firmware is based on Aztrino,there
will come next time also an alternativ version out.Are you interested
to test?

No problem. Although we have limited resources to invest in other projects, we would be glad to help with your development efforts as much as we can.

In europe only Azbox MiniMe or mediaplayer is still to have,all other
boxes are sold out!

The new Azbox titan is a complete different platform based on Arm,
no Sigma and so no 4:2:2 support will be possible.

Glad to see that the AzBox miniMe is still available in Europe. We are aware that the AzBox Titan chipset won't support 4.2.2 but there is a small chance that it can be enabled some way in software given the fact that the processor on the Titan is fairly powerful. Now that the final Titan hardware revision was just produced, we have a unit being shipped to us for development purposes and will see what can we done once we receive it.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

That's easy said. Let's damage an innocent hard worker, let's fool the consumers.

Honesty is the best policy but not when you closing critical postings or make censorship.

Interesting this being your first post, you chose to participate in this thread.
BTW, welcome to satellite guys.

On second thought, please dont lock this thread... all the he said/she said/they said back and forth accusations is quite entertaining.

Cheers, K

Personally I think Rick has just as much right to change his companies name to Azbox USA.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Even if he would do this, it would serve no purpose. Rick has not invested a single penny in firmware development for the North American market and is hoping that the third party European firmware developers will fix all the bugs which are specific to this market. However, this is almost impossible to do as they can't receive our satellites and over in the European market, they are more focused on using these receivers for viewing subscription services either with a subscribed smart card or via illegal Internet sharing.

If it wasn't for us, the AzBox Me that he used to sell would have no ability to support such things as:

- Blindscan on systems using anything other than an universal LNBF (i.e. C-band or standard 10750)
- Manual PID entry
- Wireless networking support via USB adapter
- Default video settings to NTSC after a factory reset
- Default North American satellite list

Furthermore, it is a known fact that along with the European firmware, he was also pre-installing our firmware as well on the AzBox Me receivers he was selling. I'm 100% certain that if it wasn't for our firmware, he would have not sold out of his AzBox Me's yet at this time so the guy should be grateful for our investment in AzBox software development for the North American market. Sadly, it appears that he does not care at all for the long term quality of AzBox products in the North American market but rather just for his sales.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Who cares.

You don't get the fact that your just an Azbox dealer just like Rick is.

Just because u made custom software does not make you Azbox the company.

This entire thing just seems silly to me.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You don't get the fact that your just an Azbox dealer just like Rick is.

Just because u made custom software does not make you Azbox the company.

We never claimed that we were "Azbox the company" but rather just a distributor. However, as the "AzBox company" did not have any software developers in North America, we were assigned the responsibility of firmware development for the AzBox in order to meet the unique requirements of this market.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Too much political and bla bla bla words.. At least I would like to see any New original Azbox receiver under $150 dls
:rolleyes: If not, I will look on the Chinese Market:confused:

Try to find the REAL website....

HI,
Just wondering ... What is the real website of azbox manufacturer?
If i want a honda, them i go Honda dealer!

Simple

Bye

You would assume azbox.com, but they have difficulties with the development of the website, I guess, because it is under construction for many months now.

You could also try facebook.com/azboxhd, for that's their "fan" page.

The AZBox brand is owned by HTCE Limited.
Their website is htcelimited.com
However, don't get your hopes up to high, if you expect replies on your e-mail.

Lange

Even if he would do this, it would serve no purpose. Rick has not invested a single penny in firmware development for the North American market and is hoping that the third party European firmware developers will fix all the bugs which are specific to this market. However, this is almost impossible to do as they can't receive our satellites and over in the European market, they are more focused on using these receivers for viewing subscription services either with a subscribed smart card or via illegal Internet sharing.

If it wasn't for us, the AzBox Me that he used to sell would have no ability to support such things as:

- Blindscan on systems using anything other than an universal LNBF (i.e. C-band or standard 10750)
- Manual PID entry

Furthermore, it is a known fact that along with the European firmware, he was also pre-installing our firmware as well on the AzBox Me receivers he was selling. I'm 100% certain that if it wasn't for our firmware, he would have not sold out of his AzBox Me's yet at this time so the guy should be grateful for our investment in AzBox software development for the North American market. Sadly, it appears that he does not care at all for the long term quality of AzBox products in the North American market but rather just for his sales.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Alright, here we go again ....
things get clearer by the hour.

You invested a quarter of a million in product research and development. You then sell the AZBox receivers to your dealers.
According to your website, which (if I might) needs some development, you have a humongous dealer network of two dealers. And from what I have been hearing, one of them is you (you may correct me if I'm wrong).

So, this whole thing is about someone in the US that is selling a couple of AZBox receivers to customers in Canada and therefore jeopardizing the business of these two dealers, of which you are one, on an open market and with a gentlemen agreement that is worth sh*t.

I don't know, but something smells fishy.

Seems to me, you should expand your dealer network in Canada to begin with, offer them your products + added value (something no one else can offer in Canada I guess) and stop nagging about someone else, since you are doing the same with the difference that you are marketing it.

One last thing for now
If it is true that one of the dealers on your list is you, I strongly believe this is unfair competition towards your other dealer(s) or any dealer for that matter.

Lange

- Manual PID entry

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

I hope you didnt invest much, if thats all the changes youve done then what youve accomplished is trivial. You could have just used OpenPLi and got the same things, open source does wonders.

If you goto apple.ca you expect its apple, if you goto dell.ca you expect its dell, if you goto azbox.ca youd be mistaken in thinking is azbox's website, its only a dealer, not azbox themselves. You may not have ever stated that you were azbox, but youve implied it many times in how you refer to your company. Your mearly a dealer that has modified some trivial things in the firmware. None of what you listed is rocket science.

Your empty hopes about 4:2:2 is misleading as well. either the hardware supports it or it doesnt, no amount of hope can change whats inside the box. Have you seen the hardware yourself ? no ? you really shouldnt be filling consumers heads with unfounded hope about something you know nothing about. That's plain irresponsible.

Stop complaining about how much money youve sunk into a now defunct product and how no one else is paying anything to develop it when that was a personal decision only you should bear. It was your decision not anyone else's. Ive spent my own money to buy hardware just to develop drivers and software for devices, you dont see me complaining that I had to buy a $150 logic analyser just so that I could reverse engineer some closed source drivers do you? Did I have todo that? no. Its my own personal decision. Or what about the fact Prof tuners promised a blindscan driver/software for Linux for over a year, I gave up waiting and with the help of some others wrote an application and tweaked the drivers to support blindscan, spectrum scan, and iq plot. Something Windows had had for awhile and us Linux users didnt.

Im so sick of listing to you whine about how you spent all this money and no one else did and no one seems to appreciate you. Suck it up buttercup. Just because you made some bad financial decisions doesnt mean the entire world wants to hear about your personal problems on a public forum. Start supporting the FTA community or get out of the business.

UDL

Mods: delete this if you want, I understand Im a little testy and if you think Im overly brash I'll account it up to the fact Im Infantry and wont be offended

Sadly, it appears that he does not care at all for the long term quality of AzBox products in the North American market but rather just for his sales.

This is a real big accusation. If you can't proof this accusation it's just a disrespectful rude comment wich we name : Laster.

BTW, welcome to satellite guys.

Thanks Kraven!

I see no reason to close this thread at this time, as long as everyone remains civil.

popcorn.jpeg

Your empty hopes about 4:2:2 is misleading as well. either the hardware supports it or it doesnt, no amount of hope can change whats inside the box. Have you seen the hardware yourself ? no ? you really shouldnt be filling consumers heads with unfounded hope about something you know nothing about. That's plain irresponsible.

So you are implying that there can't be a software/player/codec solution? I thought, for example, that the Prof 7500 required sofware/codecs to decode 4.2.2. rather than it being built into the Prof 7500 hardware. And Dreamboxes, as you well know, can't decode 4.2.2.(hardware), yet you can stream them to your computer and VLC can decode and play it (software/codecs). What stops there being a software solution, if the processor can handle it?

So you are implying that there can't be a software/player/codec solution? I thought, for example, that the Prof 7500 required sofware/codecs to decode 4.2.2. rather than it being built into the Prof 7500 hardware. And Dreamboxes, as you well know, can't decode 4.2.2.(hardware), yet you can stream them to your computer and VLC can decode and play it (software/codecs). What stops there being a software solution, if the processor can handle it?

streaming is different, I thought I was pretty clear about a hardware solution was the topic of that paragraph I posted, if not I apologize. Box's that can stream but not decode 4:2:2 themselves dont advertise 4:2:2 support. You'll never see a dreambox advertising 4:2:2 decoding ability.

UDL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)