OFFICIAL External Storage Information

FINALLY got 4.41!

Shut off the receiver at 9:15 this evening and it started downloading.

It had been off all last night so they definitely are pushing it out this evening.

Went ahead and called to activate the external HDD, (figured what the heck, I got the message with the phone# so I'd give it a try! :) and the non-native English speaker (who actually spoke English fairly well) did state it could be activated but not until tomorrow. So at least they know about it now!

Got a Seagate FreeAgent 500GB attached, did NOT get the message to reformat the drive, but DID get the phone # to call and activate. Drive was fresh out of the package.

Keeping fingers crossed that this works tomorrow! 5am EDT, here I come! :cool:

"How/why would Scott know the answer to this ??"
Because Scott is omniscient. ;)

"I can't imagine that you HAVE to be at the receiver but then again, if you're not, why the rush to enable it ??"

It's not so much about being in a rush to enable it, it's about being on hold forever, especially if I call when I get home (peak call volume time).
I'm gonna be stuck in the office all day tomorrow, with some time to kill. Just one less thing to do when I get home.

But maybe things have changed since I last called and now humans answer all calls on the first ring and get stuff done quickly. ;) :D

I didn't format the drive on a PC, I took the 750GB WD MyBook drive out of the box and plugged it directly into the 622.

Again the screen came up asking me if I wanted to manage the device, however I was never asked if I wanted to format it.
Perhaps, a new drive that has never had a filesystem on it, is formatted without confirmation. No need to warn about loss of data if there is no partitions existing yet.

Do you know if the drive comes preformatted or blank? The LaCie I'm using was FAT32 when I got it but yours may have been empty.

I plugged in my Maxtor it immediately popped up and said it was going to format. Did and then rebooted.

Now I just have to wait to call. Midnight east? Central or Mountain? :)

I just got off the phone with Dish, no ability yet to turn this on... They said 5AM EST. Actually they said their system goes down for an update at 2am and should be back up by 3am (mountain)....

You called?... Cool...

Yes, I called right at midnight PDT, yeah, I'm a freak...:p

Took about 20 mins on the phone as the CSR had to check about availability, then had to reset/reboot his system to get the current day(15th) data to access the feature to turn it on.

Once that was done it was less than 3-4 mins before it showed being activated on my 622.

Takes about 20-24 mins for a 1hr HD(HBO) program, not too bad at all. Doing 2 now and it's showing an estimated time of 40 mins.

Plus, this can all be done in the background while you view TV.

Transfer continues when you put the DVR into standby as well.

Wild/Avs - Ch. 546 - Great PQ

new hd channels listed in guide!!!! (FALSE ALARM)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)