Official HD DVD Sale Thread

Blockbuster Video stores in this area will be dropping all HD DVD titles to $10 each,beginning tomorrow morning (3-17-08).A friend of mine happens to be a manager at one of the local stores.He is holding 5 titles for me to pick up tomorrow.I thought I would pass the word on here,perhaps some people will find some more good deals at their local Blockbuster stores too. :)

Best Buy stores in this area are now matching all competitor prices.I picked The Bourne Ultimatum up for $9.99 plus tax earlier today.Regular price at Best Buy was $20.99,before the discount.

I went back to Hastings this evening,picking 3 more titles up for $9.99 each. :)
American Gangster
Face/Off - 2 Disc Special Collector's Edition
Van Helsing

BB had been selling HD-DVD for 30% off. I went in today and all titles had been pulled and sent back. Shelf space replaced by an expanded BR selection.

BB had been selling HD-DVD for 30% off. I went in today and all titles had been pulled and sent back. Shelf space replaced by an expanded BR selection.

I'll have to check that out. I did notice the 30% off thing the other day, which is a freaking joke compared to what deepdiscount.com and hddvdboxsets.com are selling them at.

The store in Union, NJ still had HD DVDs for sale yesterday...

It's easy enough to just ship them back to HQ and let them dump them online....

Was at Rogers Video today, all HD DVD's $16.99. picked up Evan Almighty and Blades of Glory.

Warner charges tax if you have any Warner stores in your state. That negates any discounts. Moreover, they don't even have free shipping for orders under $50.

from the Warner Studio Stores Website:

We are sorry but all Warner Bros. Studio Stores are closed and there is no longer a printed catalog. With our merchandising and retail partners, we continue to build a vast array of products for some of the strongest brands in the world (Harry Potter, Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Batman, Superman and more). Look for them at leading retailers across the country.

We are sorry, but we don't have the location of these retailers. We hope you will find the items you are looking for in WBShop.com. If not, let us know what you are looking for. We are constantly expanding our product selection and would love to hear from you.

I thought they had closed them all.

Hi All,

If you have not seen already, many HD DVD releases (imports if you're interested), have been reduced at Amazon.de (Silent Hill was under 7, recently), and many such as Rambo 2, 3, and more 9.99 at Amazon.fr. Also, many deals to be found at dvdgo.com and bol.com. Shipping is not as reasonable as DVD UK, but some good deals are available on harder to find titles. Good Luck!

There are also sales at hmv.com (4.99, 7.99,9.99), and DVD UK, at 2 for 10. Of course you need to convert to your own currency.

If you still love HD DVD, come join us at

thebombshelter : HD DVD + LaserDisc collector group

We discuss sales, set ups, player questions, have a trading zone, tons of DVD store links, import specs and more. Over 880 members, troll free.

Come share your sale find and post questions/discuss collections etc!

My set up:

42 & 50" Panasonic Plasma and 103" Projector display/LCD projector

A2, 2 A35's, BD30K, and PS3

Onkyo 605

250+ Reds and Blus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)