Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

Noticed Tatertomike is in Louisville, that is a 77 market for locals. That shouldn't make any difference regarding the H3 other than 2 dishes?

My scheduled install visit keeps getting pushed back more and more. I has changed now three times. from 12-5 initially to now 5:15-6:30. You know at 6:30 it's gonna be dark out. Are installers gonna swap LNBF's or dishes still when it's dark being on a ladder?

Noticed Tatertomike is in Louisville, that is a 77 market for locals. That shouldn't make any difference regarding the H3 other than 2 dishes?

That is correct - will require a 2nd DISH for 77. But that is a supported configuration, as long as Tatertomike is OK with the 2nd DISH. A single DISH install for that market will only be available towards the end of this year

I didn't have any problem keeping mine. Of course I tipped the installer... :)

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk
It hasn't got to tip time yet it's downloading he just said he's going to put the stuff outside and grabbed the old hopper and remotes. Lol. I pointed out I had read and heard they worked and some prefer them and he said they don't work right. Some of the commands won't work right with the cui.

I don't know why anyone would take the remotes. They are worthless to him. Unless he cleans them up and sells them to others as used.

It hasn't got to tip time yet it's downloading he just said he's going to put the stuff outside and grabbed the old hopper and remotes. Lol. I pointed out I had read and heard they worked and some prefer them and he said they don't work right. Some of the commands won't work right with the cui.

Be firm and tell him not to take it!

Not bad...just different. You might even like the new one better! What I meant was that if you really wanted to keep the 40, speak up and don't let him take it. Like others have said, no real reason that they have to.

Reactions: Ngamtns706
Great news
Called Saturday 5:15PM Installer here Sunday AM, all installed. That was fast. Way to go Dish
-
I was 26th on the the SatGuys list but my DIRT guy let me know he could not get to me till Sunday due to the high demand so to do a Dish Chat to sign up.
-
Replaced Two HopperWS, One Joey With NEW Hopper 3, Joey 4K and Joey 2.0
-
No issues, activated OK through the Hopper through the Internet.
New LNB, New Switch (Hub), then just plug in the new receivers. (about 2 Hours with me doing the receiver unboxing).
Software update was very fast.
Used the new Remote 52 on the Hopper 4K and used the older remote on the Joey 2.0
Guess I will need to buy a new Remote 52 if I want them all the same.
-
Same as the other post above- They were sure to take my old remotes. They always do, just must be what they do in my area,
-
Always good to ask your installer if you can help unbox and put batteries in , but promise not to plug anything in to save time. Some are OK with this some are not so always ask.
PS dont forget to tip your installer.
My Netflix app says will now be Avl Feb 11th, this is as expected and planned.

You can set the SD channels to be "Partial Zoom" - so any SD channel you watch will be partial zoom and you will not see the border
While watching live TV - just press Options (or red button) - > Display Format

Vivek
Thanks, that worked great. Looks like it will remember it also on all sd channels.Now working on saving my OTA channels to the Guide again, my have to unplug tit ?? Lost audio when trying to use the weather app and reset Hopper by unplugging.

I am surprised the lack of the color button short cuts.
Me too. For the most part I tend to use my Harmony One so it isn't as much of an issue as it would be for those using the Dish remotes. The major thing I do with it is ensure that a receiver backup to the remote is done on a periodic basis.

With the way that the new UI uses iconic menus more than they did in the last UI, I suspect that is the reason for doing away with them. I don''t find that daunting and may end up liking it better, but it is just enough different that the jury is still out for me.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

Reactions: stimpson

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts