Official - I have a Hopper 3 Thread!

I use my voice remote to turn off the receiver and it leaves the tv on . You say clearly "Turn Off Receiver " and the receiver turns off. I can even be watching on my Roku stick and tell the DISH remote to turn off receiver and it will do it and never interrupt my tv viewing.

WRONG the response is "no results found"
Couldn't edit my previous post.
I did some more testing "Turn off receiver" does work on the Wally (for now) but doesn't work on the H3

I say “Turn off Hopper” and it works well on both of my Hopper3 receivers. I believe that a Hopper receiver needs to be connected to the internet for the voice commands to work.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
I say “Turn off Hopper” and it works well on both of my Hopper3 receivers. I believe that a Hopper receiver needs to be connected to the internet for the voice commands to work.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Doesn't work on mine.

New H3 user here... How in heck do you search for themes in the guide? I see you can put up the God-awful tiled interface for VOD, and that has themes as rows. But how about the regular guide?

I forget where I was asking about remotes, but I received a so-called refurbished 40.0 which (1) looks brand new and (2) works great for $10 shipped. :) This will help us get used to the God-awful carbon UI. (Lists are better.)

Interesting feature of Hopper/Joey remotes: Once I finally discovered how to pair my new 40 remote and set it to "family room", it automatically got programmed to my family room TV.

New H3 user here... How in heck do you search for themes in the guide? I see you can put up the God-awful tiled interface for VOD, and that has themes as rows. But how about the regular guide?
Go to the settings menu and look for the big magnifying glass search box. Type what you are looking for and it will bring up if it is the system and or netflix if you program it to do that .

Our H3 locked up last night. We saw a grey screen except for the dinky inset video of the channel we were watching. We could bring up menus, but we could execute nothing in particular the Reset button. We could not change channels. I had to pull the plug on the darn thing.

Did it work properly after that?

The reboot seems to have fixed it. DishAnywhere to my FireTV stick also stopped buffering badly and played correctly. I still haven't seen reasonable trick play, however. I do not see how people substitute the FireTV for a Joey if everybody is seeing such crappy performance.

How long since you had it installed??

You can just hit Voice then select to open the search panel.
Also on that 1 button power, the receivers actually don't power off for 5 minutes. One benefit is that gives you time to pause in one room, power down the TV, start the 5 minute countdown and go to another room to pick up where you'd left off

How do you "pick up" where you left off? I haven't seen that part yet with two H3's. Or is it just with Joey's and the like?

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

How do you "pick up" where you left off? I haven't seen that part yet with two H3's. Or is it just with Joey's and the like?

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!
Not sure with 2 Hopper 3's but you pause, go to another TV, hit options on the remote/TV Activity and look for the show you were watching. Select it and it'll ask if you want to Watch it Live and it'll pick up where you paused it. For On Demand and Recordings. Just hit stop, then start it in another room and you'll get a pop up asking if you want to start over or start where you left off in the other room

Not sure with 2 Hopper 3's but you pause, go to another TV, hit options on the remote/TV Activity and look for the show you were watching. Select it and it'll ask if you want to Watch it Live and it'll pick up where you paused it. For On Demand and Recordings. Just hit stop, then start it in another room and you'll get a pop up asking if you want to start over or start where you left off in the other room

OK. I understand. It's obvious that certain features would not work with two "master" units. Why should it. That's the point of an H3. Would be nice though. Someday maybe. Going to another TV on the other H3 gives you that units activities. They don't "mesh".

The OD and "shared" recordings work as you described, some hiccups since U522 though, and should with two units that are capable of seeing each other. They just don't see everything between the two. Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for some magic that I had yet to discover.

OK. I understand. It's obvious that certain features would not work with two "master" units. Why should it. That's the point of an H3. Would be nice though. Someday maybe. Going to another TV on the other H3 gives you that units activities. They don't "mesh".

The OD and "shared" recordings work as you described, some hiccups since U522 though, and should with two units that are capable of seeing each other. They just don't see everything between the two. Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for some magic that I had yet to discover.
If yours was installed by a tech,m he probably used 2 solo hubs off the 42 switch. There are rumors on a certain forum {{Cough cough}} that if you swap those for a Duo Hub, the Hoppers can share media. That's not authorized by Dish, but some certain people who post on said Forum that have done it report no problems.

Just sayin'

If yours was installed by a tech,m he probably used 2 solo hubs off the 42 switch. There are rumors on a certain forum {{Cough cough}} that if you swap those for a Duo Hub, the Hoppers can share media. That's not authorized by Dish, but some certain people who post on said Forum that have done it report no problems.

Just sayin'
Are you talking about me!

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)