Official New Slingbox Announcement

My ultimate review of the unit is, if you have a Slingbox Pro HD now there is no reason to upgrade. Due to the fact you can't use the standalone Slingplayer software on MAC or PC its actually more of a downgrade then upgrade.

The HD quality between the two both on the local lan and remote is about the same quality. I did not see a better HD picture in the new Slingbox.

Still I think for the best money a Slingbox Solo is the best model out there unless you really need HD (and the Slingbox Solo is close...) then a Slingbox Pro HD is what I would tell you to get over a Slingbox 350. And I can't find a logical reason at all to get a Slingbox 500.

My ultimate review of the unit is, if you have a Slingbox Pro HD now there is no reason to upgrade. Due to the fact you can't use the standalone Slingplayer software on MAC or PC its actually more of a downgrade then upgrade.

The HD quality between the two both on the local lan and remote is about the same quality. I did not see a better HD picture in the new Slingbox.

1080P is over rated for how many use a slingbox, very nice, but the output from the previous version (pro hd) is excellent. I can't see a reason for anyone with the previous version, to get one of these.

Just seems to be regressing rather than progressing.

That has been my take on these since the first announcement. I go even further, besides not "upgrading" if you don't have a Slingbox and want one, get the HD Pro. It has a coax connection, Tuner, and uses software that does not depend on any company. What features the new boxes have such as Wifi is just heavily outweighed by the negatives.

I would seriously question purchasing anything that cannot be used independently of the selling company. That means that they are required to maintain their site to use hardware you own. It also gives the leverage to monetize that in the future. You're now a hostage.

That means anytime they are down, you are down. Any restrictions they want to place, is then easier. Such as charging for services?

And that was my observation. Slippery slope.

Thanks guys. I was really thinking about trying out the new unit was thinking about driving over to bestbuy today. But now i will hold off.

Has anyone check out Tivo's new product?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)