Old Alliance rotor repair

freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Land of Sky Blue Water
I have an old Alliance rotor and control with a Radio Shack VU-90 antenna . There is a broken cog in the motor that let's it slip counter-clockwise in high winds Is there a repair for this motor? If not, please suggest replacement hardware.

I have an old Alliance rotor and control with a Radio Shack VU-90 antenna . There is a broken cog in the motor that let's it slip counter-clockwise in high winds Is there a repair for this motor? If not, please suggest replacement hardware.

Any pictures available of the damaged part?

You can't buy repair parts. Rotor's are 1970's stuff, and unless you buy one of the expensive larger ham radio rotors, there just aren't any good consumer models available anymore.

People combine antennas now using a Televes SmartKom, or in some cases a simple splitter used in reverse MIGHT work. Televes SmartKom 531981, "Rotor Killer" Antenna Combiner/Preamp

I have a SmartKom myself. I'll never use a rotor again. In fact my last one was taken down in 1989.

All 3 antennas combined with a SmartKom, All channels available at the same time, all the time:
IMG_20231003_141024997.jpg

Reactions: Mr Tony