old satellite dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tolate

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2011
South Central Virginia
My Father-in-law asked me to come and install a new receiver he received from Direct. I told him I would but I know he has an old dish with a single lnb and I wonder how it still works. Can he receive all programming on a single lnb?
JT

My Father-in-law asked me to come and install a new receiver he received from Direct. I told him I would but I know he has an old dish with a single lnb and I wonder how it still works. Can he receive all programming on a single lnb?
JT

What recvr will he be using ?

HD or SD ?

In that case he should be fine with the old dish, assuming his locals are on 101. What is his zip code?

You said he got the new box "from directv", they know what equipment he has,and "shouldn't " have sent him a box that would not work with his existing dish . If he needed an equipment upgrade,they would have required a service call ,and not just mailed him a new receiver .

going by to see what he got. Will post back. I just didn't think a single worked anymore.

The old 18" round dishes still work just fine (in most locations) provided you do not want HD channels.

Reason being is the SD signals are all on the 101 Sat, while the HD signals are on the 99 and 103 Sats.
If he's looking at SD only, the small dish will work fine as the 101 is the only Sat it will see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts