OLN on Dish

ahegedus

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 5, 2004
State College, PA
I know that many of you may not care, but I think we should start a petition or something to get Dish to put OLN on their lower packages. I already missed the Tour de France, and now I hear that hockey games this season will be on OLN instead of ESPN. I don't want to upgrade to the top 180 from the top 60.

I wish there was something we could do!

I don't see no change coming for this, Dish's stance is if you want it is available with you in the 180 package.

If all the channels people wanted were in the lower tier packages there would be no reason to subscribe to the higher tiers. Dish is in the business to make a profit. ;)

Damn I just reread that post and that post almost sounds like a Mark Lamutt Post. :D

another reason is Outdoor life is on 110

Dish couldnt put it in AT60 unless they moved it to the 119 satellite. there are a few people with a dish only at 119 (Alaska, Hawaii, PR and others)

All mainstream AT60 channels have to be on 119. The PI's and shopping are on 110

It would be nice if they would at least add OLN to the multi-sport pack. Seems like it would be a good fit there.

I agree that it's hard to justify paying the cost difference between AT60 or AT120 and AT180 just for OLN's NHL coverage. $85 (AT120 to AT180 for 8.5 months) for 58 games throughout the season. Even more $$ if you're coming from AT60. Seems like Center Ice would be a better deal in that case.

Yeah I wouldn't upgrade to at180 just for the nhl games on oln.

It makes more sense to order nhl ci

Iceberg said:
yep.
For that cost, it justifies my StarChoice subscription :)
Is that for the DALLAS Stars??? They should be good this year, with Modano signed, and Zubov on "D", and Turco in goal. Sorry, Iceberg, that we "stole" them from you, but we at least got a Stanley Cup out of it!!
Go Stars
Tom in TX

You no more stole them than carolina stole the whalers or phoenix stole the jets. Of course us Red Winds fans can't for get the avs move from quebec! Greedy owners and players took the teams away. But overall they were good moves for hockey to expand and not dilute the talent.

i might be wrong here and please forgive if i am but when i had dish. at the begging 2 years ago there was a handfull of channels you could add on you own at maybe 2 to 3$ and i think oln was one of channels and again if i am wrong about this just tell me i was wrong also please forgive me for telling wrong info

Outdoor channel is the one...

I think they both used to be like that, but not for at least a few years. I had to up to AT180 to get OLN (TDF), but I kept it all year for the other channels you get, specifically the movie channels. TMC plays a lot of the stuff I miss by not having showtime, The encore channels play a lot of the stuff I miss by not having Starz, etc...

Tom in TX said:
Is that for the DALLAS Stars??? They should be good this year, with Modano signed, and Zubov on "D", and Turco in goal. Sorry, Iceberg, that we "stole" them from you, but we at least got a Stanley Cup out of it!!
Go Stars
Tom in TX

No. For TSN and CBC
gotta get my HNIC fix :)

Well this stinks.

I was just compairing D*s packages and noticed that supossedly they now also offer OLN in their basic package. I know it wasn't in their last year.

So that's yet another channel D* includes in a package cheaper than Dish :(

Scott and the rest of they guys,

Where can I see a side-by-side comparison of all packages from E* and D*?

TIA for your help.

Regards,
H

I'm actually working on one right now

I'll upload it when I'm done.

There is another one at another place but it doesn't look very good and hard to read

Thanks.

I made my own because I think you get a much better perspective when the channels are sorted the way I did it.

The "comparative" packages are next to each other and the channels that are only one 1 company are listed at the bottom.

It's amazing at all the quality channels D* has compared to the joke of channels E* has that D* doesn't

I apoligize for the htm document being a megabyte in size. I did the chart in Microsoft Excel and the conversion to htm ads a whole ton of useless code

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts