OMG! North Korea on Intelsat21 58W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If they have money charlie will be giving them a call if they have cctv on their network why not?

Anyone can get content on to satellites if they are willing to pay for the transmission. For example, if you step outside your body is being hit with waves carrying adult channels from both DirecTV and Dish satellites, which some may find disgusting. The airwaves are very similar to freedom of speech, anything can be transmitted but people have the choice not to receive and/or view it.

Reactions: dougruss
Not everyone can be on a satellite. Sometimes channels are regulated by uplink/satellite company policies and other blocks are political. Several channels have been removed from North American slots and a Amazonas uplinker shutdown for being associated with embargoed or terrorist supporting groups or governments.

Most recent were the Iranian channels in 2013.

I wonder if 58W is watchable in California? My Unimesh is blocked by trees to 58W's Azimuth/Elevation, but my Birdview is in a location that has a clear line of sight to it. Its just not quite ready yet.

>Just looked, nothin' but color bars and tone on the MPT channel.
No loss. I'll just return to 116.

i watched again on 11pm PDT, its there, it gives you goose bumps, purely propaganda, worse than RT or PressTV. you will see this logo on the upper left corner

korean_central_tv.png

The channel doesn't broadcast 24/7 and might be only 8 or so hours a day according to Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Central_Television

There was a live stream at one point (and it might still exist), likely done by a hobbyist in the South or elsewhere in the C-Band footprint. Yup, propaganda, but gloriously strange propaganda. Even Myanmar during its darkest days wasn't this brazen.

Yes, 58w can be easily received in Sacramento. With a clear line of sight, also can receive 55w.

Is this a strong transponder Brian?

My C-band dish can't see past 91W, but I might be able to put up my 1.2m Channel Master as a fixed micro BUD if I can find a space that sees through the trees.

The channel doesn't broadcast 24/7 and might be only 8 or so hours a day according to Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Central_Television

There was a live stream at one point (and it might still exist), likely done by a hobbyist in the South or elsewhere in the C-Band footprint. Yup, propaganda, but gloriously strange propaganda. Even Myanmar during its darkest days wasn't this brazen.

The HTTP, MMS, and RTSP streaming media links on the Wikipedia page all work. The Ustream live stream has been down for a few months. I've streamed this channel from time to time. Interesting stuff, even though I can't understand Korean. As mentioned, the channel isn't 24/7; in North America, you have to tune in during the late night and early morning hours. On weekends, programming begins several hours earlier, during the North American evening.

I did miniBUD experiments awhile back, and a fair amount of 58 is easy to catch. Unfortunately the TP with this was one of the few I couldn't lock, at least in Minnesota.

Of course Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)