On Demand slow downloads

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kdarcangelis870

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Has anybody else been experiencing very slow downloads with directv's on demand service? It seems as though download are capped a 3mb/sec. I have my HR22 hardwired to my fios router with 25/15 mbps service. Any ideas to speed things up?

I've seen some downloads stuck at 3.5Mb/s and I've gotten some at 8.5. Guess it depends on the time of day or load or something.

I'm on cable 16/2 and I almost always get at least 12 down even during busy times of the day, so thats not the choke point.

Who really knows where the problem/issue is? Could be DirecTV doing some packet shaping to keep their bandwidth needs low, is there a problem at the peering point between one or more networks, is your ISP throttling it to keep their overall performance up? When I've done a SD DoD download it usually goes green within a minute of starting the download, so it really doesn't matter how fast the download is since I get to start watching it very quickly. HD though it another matter, I have a 15Mbps connection which is more then enough but it can take a few hours for a HD movie to download.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)