One More Change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that earlier - not sure why it couldn't be installed as an independent theme.
As I understood Scott's explanation, the reason is that if he were to make any future changes in format, style or layout, he would have to do it twice: once for the six styles you can see (which are all derivatives of the new default), and the second time for the standard "classic" xenforo style which is totally independent of the new styles.

Sorry, I guess what I mean is, just leave it as-is (don't change it in the future). It is the one I like the best.

With the new ones, I'm still seeing color/contrast issues and with the combination of "AD Styler" and "Color options", I'll bet one can come up with some, ummm, interesting looks !

I don't like this new fixed width and annoying floating bar at the top that follows me when I scroll down that seems to have been added today.

What's up with this?

Xifer, You can change the layout to your heart's content. Look at the bottom of this page on the blue bar. On the left side of the solid blue bar it says "Satelliteguys". Click on that. You will get 6 options. Chose one of the "Fluid" options so the navigation bar doesn't stick at the top. You can then adjust colors, and other things using the ad styler.

Reactions: TheKrell
Xizer, I complained immediately when I saw the mod-only preview of the new layout with the sticky top bar, and as TNGTony noted, Scott made available a version where the top bar does not do that. It's one of the ones labeled "(Fluid - No Sticky Navbar)."

- Trip

Wow impressive.

The only thing I would like to change (and I haven't figured out if I can do this yet)... is to change the font of the posts so its not old school Times New Roman look.

Is there a way to change the default fonts in the threads to be something a little more modern?

Huh. Apparently I'm the only one who likes the sticky nav bar.
Is there a way to change the default fonts in the threads to be something a little more modern?

Yes, you can pick from a number of fonts. Just click on AD Styler. What's mysteriously missing in the AD Styler is font SIZE. I want to make the font bigger, more like it was under vBulletin. I do NOT want to make it bigger for any other websites.

Ok I did pick a different font in AD Styler. It only changed the font at the bottom blue.

I want to know if I can change the Times New Roman font in these posts / threads in the body of the page.

Ok I did pick a different font in AD Styler. It only changed the font at the bottom blue.

Well, I'll be darned; you're right! For me, it only changes the title font in the bottom blue footer and elsewhere (such as thread title). Seems like something is wrong with this feature.

I wonder if something is wrong with AD Styler for normal users. While the staff was testing it, they were commenting how cool it was. Changing fonts was one thing many of them praised too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I also like the floating bar at the top.

I use Multiview and just click Multiview to go back to the list of selected threads and jump to the next unread, otherwise I have to go through many threads individually - saves me a whole lot of time.

Reactions: KAB
Kind of like the nav bar myself.Sure beats having to scroll back up to the top.:oldwink

Scott, I am seeing one little annoyance:

When I jump to the first unread post in a thread, it goes to the post and then after a second or so, the line jumps up about 1/2 inch so that the first line or two of that post is off the screen.

I do have the floating bar at the top on, maybe that has something to do with positioning the first line of the first unread post.

When the page first comes up it is OK, but after about 1 second the top of the post jumps up behind the bar. Any ideas as to any changes I can make in my IE 11 to fix it? Is the bar Java or Flash or what?

Even not using multiview, if I go to a thread that Iv'e read before and it automatically jumps to the next unread post, it jumps up to the top of the frame, so it is covered by the bar.

Maybe I'll have to abandon using the bar and put a shortcut in my shortcut bar at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.