One week & no news

You're funny Walter! Thanks for the vote!

What can I say? At least I'm honest! And somebody has to let potential customers know that they'd be dealing with a company that doesn't deliver on promises.

I just did the live chat and got the prepared answer that it is business as usual. I said that's great but what about 4/1? Again, "we are continuing to takes orders...ect". They don't know and that is scary.

danielle_s said:
Actually Vurbano No News Is Good News

How could you possibly believe that. We are waiting for an agreement to be announced. The announcement will be made as soon as an agreement is reached and they had only three weeks to reach an agreeement. Two weeks has passed and we have heard nothing and only one week is left. It is bad news that we haven't heard anything.

r.jones1116 said:
Scott G. posted in another thread that they have extended their advertising with SatGuys through April. Take it for what it's worth, but that appears to be a good sign to me. :yes

Unfortunately, that did not come from Voom

"or it may be the ad agency being optimistic about the future of VOOM."

The ad agency could just be just as much in the dark as the CSR are. :(

ChetK said:

What can I say? At least I'm honest! And somebody has to let potential customers know that they'd be dealing with a company that doesn't deliver on promises.

WHich one does? Dish?:rolleyes: How about D* suckering people into thinking they are going to get 1500 HD channels with their TV ads?:rolleyes:

bruce said:
Unfortunately, that did not come from Voom

"or it may be the ad agency being optimistic about the future of VOOM."

The ad agency could just be just as much in the dark as the CSR are. :(

That very well could be true, but Scott has been batting "1000" when it comes to the future of Voom.

ChetK said:

What can I say? And somebody has to let potential customers know that they'd be dealing with a company that doesn't deliver on promises.

Not the only business also D* and E* have been known to nip at the blarney stone as well.

Today the stock market is full of reports expecting that Cablevision will be broken up and is expected to sell at a premium. Guess why Cablvision might be broken up? What is going to happen with the money that the largest stockholder gets? Oh I know... run to Florida and play shuffleboard at age 78. I think note.

jnardone said:
How could you possibly believe that. We are waiting for an agreement to be announced. The announcement will be made as soon as an agreement is reached and they had only three weeks to reach an agreeement. Two weeks has passed and we have heard nothing and only one week is left. It is bad news that we haven't heard anything.
How is it bad news? Cablevision owns voom until March 31. That's life, so if an agreement has been made it would be great that they would take the time to announce it but I seriously doubt either party is going to do anything right now until the 31st. Remember that Cablevision doesn't want Mr. Dolan to do anything that could screw cablevision out of the deal with E* as well.

In an off topic point but quite relative is that Scott confirmed testing of AMC6 with a software update in the near future. In addition Mr. Dolan is/was scheduled for a 30" voom dish to be installed. I do believe that you can receive a signal from AMC6 on a 30" dish. NO reports were made that they were replacing the original voom dish, just that he was having a 30" dish installed.

Also, I don't recall any of us being shareholders of cablevision so what does cablevision or Mr. Dolan owe us by telling us anything before the 31st. Look I made a post earlier in another thread that if your this scared about loosing your VOOM service then you need to have a scheduled install set for April 1st just in case. If it goes dark, if it doesn't it's not up to us and whatever VOOm's destiny is then that's what's going to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)