onkyo HTIB

mcintire21

Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
I was looking at the 5100 and 6100. Is the only major difference between the two is the fact the 6100 decodes HD audio internally? Is so could I get the 5100 and a blu ray player that decodes the audio internally and get the same results?

I really like onkyo.. My last model was HT-SR-800.. BUT I really like the new model HT-S7100..Might up grad to it , when I get blu-ray.. loves the style and more power and comes with stand too …I’m gonna wait around XMAS might get that round $600

I was looking at the 5100 and 6100. Is the only major difference between the two is the fact the 6100 decodes HD audio internally? Is so could I get the 5100 and a blu ray player that decodes the audio internally and get the same results?

What is the difference in price between the two units? The BluRay player that internally decodes will add $100-200 to the price of the player. In addition, you will be chewing up your discrete inputs for this.

The thing that obsoletes most receivers is running out of inputs. You need to hoard these things like gold. I will always go for the one with better inputs, and in this case the decoding in the receiver moves a single port discrete input to one of multiple HDMI inputs.

I'd recommend getting the better receiver and cheaper BluRay player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts