Only one receiver allowed without contract???

Falloutdude

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
Buffalo
Hi

A buddy of mine sold me two brand new 211k he no longer needed for a great price,so I signed up for dishnetwork on friday online without contract.

Do keep in mind I signed up without contract since my landlord does not allow for dishes setup but I was able to set one up hidden in the balcony since I live in a apartment.

Everything worked great until today I noticed only one of the receivers worked I called dish network and they said I can only have one receiver activated without contract.

Is this normal procedure if so I'm just going to cancel since I have more then one TV.

I have never heard of that either. Was the 211 your purchased the add on to the account or are you wanting to purchase another receiver?

What happened was my friend bought two brand new 211k for tailgating, he never used them or activated the receivers, I activated both of the receivers on friday and they worked fine until today.
So I called them up and they said I was only allowed one receiver on my account since I signed without contract.

I'm not sure if the CSR was a newbie or maybe it's a new policy.
If that is the case I'm going to cancel since I have more then one TV.

Is it possible one of them was labled leased and not purchased? If a PIA account you just have to pay for the second receivers, but you can activate as many purchased receivers as you would like(within reason).
By the way, your landlord cannot tell you you cannot have satellite, especially if it is in your own private zone, however he can restrict the dish being placed in a shared area. If it is on your balcony, even if it is seen, it is legal there, and he cannot tell you otherwise.

I haven't had a DISH contract ever. When I got my first system I paid outright for them and had them installed. After that I never upgraded through DISH. I always bought my receivers and did upgrades through www.dishdepot.com. I have a hopper, super joey and two joeys on my account.

Reactions: jbrelish
Ask to speak to a CSR in the USA. That usually solves just about every obstacle I've encountered with CSR's in other countries. But the USA CSR's are available ONLY during certain hours, not late at night or the wee hours of the morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts