Openbox Openbox z5 and motor

sdishpro

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Hello guys

There's a long time i don't post. Life thing's...

Well im doing a Pure FTA configuration. 1m antenna, motor SG-2100, (and the worst part) with an OPENBOX Z5.
Everything in the mount is OK.

The problem is in the box. Bad interface quality...
Is connected to internet by cable and selected in the box
When i reach the USALS is not possible to put the Google connection for global position (absent the menu) and the very best thing is that is on the manual... LOL ok, then i change to DISEQc the same, the motor doesn't move. is a really shame.
Im tired to fight with this box...
Maybe some body can help with own experience with this box.
It seems like nobody buy this... theres nothing aboute this box anywhere...

Even if is better to change it well to.

thanks

Sorry, don't have any knowledge of that receiver or know of anyone on the forum that owns one.Not sure what type of service you are expecting.... :D

Maybe post some photos of the install menus / settings and describe what you are trying to do and the problems that you are experiencing in a bit more detail. We might be able to help even though we don't own that particular STB.

Hello guys

There's a long time i don't post. Life thing's...

Well im doing a Pure FTA configuration. 1m antenna, motor SG-2100, (and the worst part) with an OPENBOX Z5.
Everything in the mount is OK.

The problem is in the box. Bad interface quality...
Is connected to internet by cable and selected in the box
When i reach the USALS is not possible to put the Google connection for global position (absent the menu) and the very best thing is that is on the manual... LOL ok, then i change to DISEQc the same, the motor doesn't move. is a really shame.
Im tired to fight with this box...
Maybe some body can help with own experience with this box.

Even if is better to change it well to.

thanks

I don't know anything about that receiver either, never heard of it before and don't know anything about it.

Your reference to USALS and Google seems odd, none of the receivers that I have [seven] need a Google connection to set up USALS. What exactly do you mean by global position is absent from the menu? Latitude and longitude?

The SG2100 motor may cause issues with a 1m dish, seems like some SG2100's are decent, some are junk. I'd bought one a few years back and it was junk, others have had good luck with them.

Are there any red lights, or green, lit up on the bottom of the SG2100, especially when you're trying to move the dish? Will the motor move if you push the directional buttons on the bottom of the motor?

I'd do like Titanium suggested and post some screenshots of your menus and maybe we can figure it out for you.

Do you know if the box works without the motor in the setup, with the box hooked directly to the LNB?

You yourself said it in your post:

If no one knows anything, they'll look and not post, not because they don't want to help but because they can't really help much if they aren't familiar with the receiver. I'd looked at this thread myself before but am unfamiliar with that receiver, figured that someone else might know of it and that there's no sense to posting right off because someone who is familiar with that receiver and can help better may post.

If you can posts some picture of menus, the manual, if there is one, maybe someone can help!

First of all let me say TAHNKS!! finally a light in the dark...

I going to try to answer all the questions from top to botton.

Chipset: difficult to say (i discover that is a chinese clon) (very bad star...)

I was using this machine to tune hispa and working perfect. I use a direct TV dish and a linear LNB an done. No big issue. But then i beguin to think in a motor...

I buy 1 meter dish and the motor that i mention, so my problems beguin
Google sincro: the box has a internet conection and let you sincronize so you don't need to enter the lat and long... (for me not true...never work)

The motor is new, until now the indicator is in green and is working manualy (touching the directional button). so...

I can put some pictures here but i make a decision to buy another box... (it seems like this box is design for IKS purposes)

So again a question: as i need to buy a PURE FTA box, compatible with my motor, please i need an advice, i googled and is IKS every where
Nobody talk anymore of pure FTA...
Here i found some ideas but are missing some things that i look for

If you can help me please i prefer an HD ready box and (i know this is not for pure FTA but) if is BISS ready will be perfect...

Again thanks every one!;)

If there's a USALS setup screen. Manually enter your location.
To figure what that is go to https://www.google.com/maps and enter your zip code or address.
Then zoom into your yard and right click your dishes location. Click on "What's here?"
The latitude and longitude are displayed in a box on the upper left.
Proceed with dish alignment.

Reactions: N6BY and KE4EST
Well, yes there is a USALS setup. But is a weird menu. I will explain why...
Is not separate menu. If you need to setup USALS or Diseqc it is include inside each satelite adjustment.
So anywy ill do the setup and again nothing happend...
Weird...
Thanks

IMG-20150502-WA0040.jpg
IMG-20150504-WA0008.jpg
View attachment 106648
IMG-20150504-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20150504-WA0015.jpg

As you can see with this settings is not moving. So i think is better to change the receiver.
Some ideas???

On many receivers, you must exit the USALS menu for the setting to take effect. Once activated, motor movement should occur when starting a scan. Some receivers do not move a motor position in the install mode using USALS until a scan is initiated.

If using the DiSEqC 1.2 menu, are you attempting to use the "Move Step" or "Continuing Move" lines to move the motor position East or West? Or are you using the "Go To" line command?

Reactions: sdishpro
Well i going to take all of this into consideration and will test again the system.
But im decided to buy the AMIKO MINI HD SE. IS there any specific model or series to buy or there's just this. Im very interest in the moviment of the motor, any experiences in your case?
Just one more thing i know is not a pure FTA feature, but is possible to input biss keys?

Thaks again
I will post my progress

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)