Opie & Anthony Return to CBS RADIO

Scott Greczkowski said:
Todays O&A was good, Besides the commercials actually I think I like them more CENSORED then uncensored, as it leaves more to the imagination.

Although Pat Cooper was a hoot after they got back on XM uncensored. :)

This could have been the show of the year just with the Pat Cooper Visit.

I thought the bag pipers and going to starbucks and the news stand was pretty good as well. Also even though I hate him Michael Strahan was actually pretty funny as well.

I'll be checking O&A out via the listen link that Scott posted in the other thread. Still can't listen to Stern via Sirius's streaming radio.

Regarding Clay on the Stern show, while the bit was funny... they used to do nothing but rip on him - now they are buddy buddy. I thought it was pretty two-faced.

Shawn95GT said:
I'll be checking O&A out via the listen link that Scott posted in the other thread. Still can't listen to Stern via Sirius's streaming radio.

Regarding Clay on the Stern show, while the bit was funny... they used to do nothing but rip on him - now they are buddy buddy. I thought it was pretty two-faced.

Stern will be streaming by June they say...As for Clay, don't you remember before when he was a regular? By the sound of this thread, nobody is a long time listener...

Krapola said:
Cooper was on Stern in the early 90's...Same with Dice...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Dice_Clay

He returned in 1995, dropping the "Dice" from his name, eschewing his "Dice Man" persona, and playing the part of a caring family man in CBS' sitcom Bless This House. CBS soon alleged that he was difficult to work with, refusing to learn his lines (among other things), and the show was cancelled. Clay claimed in a radio interview with shock jock Howard Stern that CBS had promised him they would eventually give the character "an edge", this being the only reason he accepted the role. In typical Dice form, the interview ended in an on-air argument.

Following the sitcom's failure, he returned to comedy with his HBO special Assume the Position and his 2000 album, Face Down, Ass Up. His audience was smaller than ever before, due to the fall from grace of so called "assault comedy" following the deaths of Sam Kinison and Bill Hicks.

Due to Opie & Anthony largely helping to revamp his image in the public (At the time he was largely thought of as a hack), he was able to sell out Madison Square Garden in 2000 for a career third time. After a falling out with Opie & Anthony in 2004 he is back to doing small comedy clubs again in the NY area.

Clay has continued to appear in smaller film roles, such as One Night at McCool's (2001), featuring Matt Dillon and Michael Douglas.

In 2006 he re-united with Howard Stern on his Sirius show. Through Stern's promoting his club dates he may yet have another rise in his career.

Why do fans of Stern and fans of O&A care so much about each other?

Two shows, two audiences. Let them worry about their own shows and let the other show do it's thing.

Who cares?

JonUrban said:
Why do fans of Stern and fans of O&A care so much about each other?

Two shows, two audiences. Let them worry about their own shows and let the other show do it's thing.

Who cares?

Its like yankee and redsoxs fans they just cant get along.

The Tate said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Dice_Clay

He returned in 1995, dropping the "Dice" from his name, eschewing his "Dice Man" persona, and playing the part of a caring family man in CBS' sitcom Bless This House. CBS soon alleged that he was difficult to work with, refusing to learn his lines (among other things), and the show was cancelled. Clay claimed in a radio interview with shock jock Howard Stern that CBS had promised him they would eventually give the character "an edge", this being the only reason he accepted the role. In typical Dice form, the interview ended in an on-air argument.

Following the sitcom's failure, he returned to comedy with his HBO special Assume the Position and his 2000 album, Face Down, Ass Up. His audience was smaller than ever before, due to the fall from grace of so called "assault comedy" following the deaths of Sam Kinison and Bill Hicks.

Due to Opie & Anthony largely helping to revamp his image in the public (At the time he was largely thought of as a hack), he was able to sell out Madison Square Garden in 2000 for a career third time. After a falling out with Opie & Anthony in 2004 he is back to doing small comedy clubs again in the NY area.

Clay has continued to appear in smaller film roles, such as One Night at McCool's (2001), featuring Matt Dillon and Michael Douglas.

In 2006 he re-united with Howard Stern on his Sirius show. Through Stern's promoting his club dates he may yet have another rise in his career.

:up :up

Stern and O&A have shared hundreds of guests over the years. They've also had certain "exclusives" that changed sides. Some are funnier with O&A, some are funnier with stern. It's really a moot point, they take who they can get regardless of who else has had them before.

If Jim Norton wanted to do the stern show, howard would take him. If O&A wanted Gilbert Gottried, they'd take him. It's a non-issue...

The only problem I see with the Howard vs. O&A debate is it's perceived that howard is old and O&A are the young guys, when I believe anthony is like 5 years younger and just as bitter. Opie is about 10 years younger. When you realize we're talking about a bunch of guys who are 40+ telling dick jokes, I fail to see the point...

Looks like I need to change my morning drive time. I used to be able to head into work and listen to at least a 1/2 hour of O & A without them taking a break. (That's supposed to be one of the beauties of satellite radio. If the guys were really rolling on a topic, they stuck with it as long as they wanted to.) Now, I repeatedly get stuck listening to extended commercial breaks, so I switch to another station. It just goes to show how spoiled I've gotten over the last year.

you all are missing a good point here, O&A were fired from CBS and Howard didn't miss a beat and made the company Millions. Now O&A are trying to get listeners again since no one knows of them(except if you paid extra for them). Also if Howard would want to go back to CBS O&A would be out of there just as fast as they brought them in.

elephant98 said:
Looks like I need to change my morning drive time. I used to be able to head into work and listen to at least a 1/2 hour of O & A without them taking a break. (That's supposed to be one of the beauties of satellite radio. If the guys were really rolling on a topic, they stuck with it as long as they wanted to.) Now, I repeatedly get stuck listening to extended commercial breaks, so I switch to another station. It just goes to show how spoiled I've gotten over the last year.

This is a great point. When Howard left there, he left that large commercial load. O&A are now picking that up.

Many people turn to satellite radio as a way to get away from wall to wall spots. Over the air stations are there because of the ads. The show is only a way to lure you over so you listen to the ads.

Sure, there are ads on talk satellite radio, even HS, but they don't go on for 12-18 minutes straight.

JonUrban said:
Sure, there are ads on talk satellite radio, even HS, but they don't go on for 12-18 minutes straight.

On Stern's show.. the commercials are like 3 or 4 spots, every hour. Half of them he talks through. Same with the Bubba and Farrell on 101.

O&A sold out their XM fans for more exposure on "Testicle radio". I had both Sirius and XM, just for Stern and O&A. I now have one, Sirius. Sirius's programming is just better than XM's. The NFL, Stern, great ROCK, and in 2007 Nascar, its gotta be Sirius hands down. Without O&A uncensored for the first 3.5 hours, not to mention the 22 minutes of commercials/hr on the CBS station, XM is dead. "Long Live Howard". I listened to the bbboys bash terrestrial radio for 18 months........Hmmmmm?? And they call Stern the sell out for going for the $$?

Last edited:
Mrwirez said:
O&A sold out their XM fans for more exposure on "Testicle radio". I had both Sirius and XM, just for Stern and O&A. I now have one, Sirius. Sirius's programming is just better than XM's. The NFL, Stern, great ROCK, and in 2007 Nascar, its gotta be Sirius hands down. Without O&A uncensored for the first 3.5 hours, not to mention the 22 minutes of commercials/hr on the CBS station, XM is dead. "Long Live Howard". I listened to the bbboys bash terrestrial radio for 18 months........Hmmmmm?? And they call Stern the sell out for going for the $$?

Wow you registered in Nov of 04 and thats your first post talk about lurking :cool:

minorthr said:
Wow you registered in Nov of 04 and thats your first post talk about lurking :cool:

LOL!! I signed up a couple of years ago to find out about XM. I got my XM an kinda forgot about the site until last year when I got my Sirius. I read a post in the newsgroups pointing me to this thread today, and had to add my $.02 !
Not LURKING honest!! hahaha

Mrwirez said:

But you could spin this and say Howard sold out his however many of million fans on terrestrial for the money right.;)

Howard gave his fans 14 months notice he was leaving CBS. If not for Sirius satellite radio, he was quitting radio completely because CBS would not stand and fight the FCC, the censoring was constant and the commercials were ridiculous, (22 minutes an hour). O&A on the other hand were only on XM and they bashed "testicle" radio and Stern for 18 months then they jumped to CBS....... right into Howards old chair.

Last edited:
Purogamer said:
The only problem I see with the Howard vs. O&A debate is it's perceived that howard is old and O&A are the young guys, when I believe anthony is like 5 years younger and just as bitter. Opie is about 10 years younger. When you realize we're talking about a bunch of guys who are 40+ telling dick jokes, I fail to see the point...

o and a are smart enough to not talk about their ages on the air.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts