Order from DirecTV.com or other retailer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NCTRNL

Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Kansas City
I don't know how easy these things are to install but it will be on an apartment balcony. Can I go somewhere and buy the equipment and take it with me and install it myself and then activate programming myself?

I was thinking about just ordering everything off of DirecTV.com but I thought I could get it done quicker some other way and get the same programming. I'm kind of in the dark here but I am done with TWC...

You can probably get a better price ordering through D* directly and you won't have to pay for the dish or install. They will provide everything you need. Do you have a clear view to the south from your balcony?

My view of the south seems to be equal to the views that other dishes in the same complex are getting. Is it tough to return things if it turns out that it will not work?

Just some advice for anyone seeking a new install for Directv or Directv HD products.

You may find little or no wait time and better service if you call your local dealer. "Someone that you don't have to call 1-800 or 1-866 to get"

Most of those companies are back logged for weeks doing HD upgrades.

Matt

Then once I get teh hardware and stuff can I do the programming over the phone with DirecTV?

The local retailer will do everything for you. He will also be able to give you the same or, sometimes, a better offer with quicker service.

If I had to do it all over again I'd use a local retailer. My experience with the directv contracted reps was terrible.

My local dealer let me take all the equipment and install it myself - he says nobody asks to do that anymore :) He also was very helpfull and said to not hesitate to call with any questions.

Directv wants to do it all.
If you order through them a Home Service Provider (HSP) guy will show up. Ask him how long he has been doin' this stuff?
Enjoy the show.

Joe

Well i went through DirecTV.com because I couldn't really find a local retailer. They're coming to install Monday morning between 6-8am. We'll see what happens...

Can someone tell me what direction the dtv dish points relative to a E* dish? Like will it be pointing near E*'s 61.5, 119, 129, etc...?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)