Ordered new PnP2, Jeep install questions

lblampman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2004
Whidbey Island, WA
Greetings, thanks to some very useful information on this site I just ordered a new PnP2 for my Jeep TJ Wrangler. I know the PnP3 is out now; hope I didn't mess up by going with the good deal on the PnP2 :eek:

I was looking through the .PDF provided on the Sirius website for the auto kit install; specifically at the antenna mounting. Since I've got a soft top and no trunk lid (no trunk for that matter :shocked ) will I need to plan on mounting the antenna somewhere on the hood or does the antenna typically pick up well enough thought the soft top fabric?

Glad to have this forum available as a great resource...thanks! :clap

Les

No personal experience with a Jeep, but would think you could mount the antenna on the hood or the dashboard. Let us know how it works when you do it. :)

You'll want some place that is magnetic since the bottom of the antenna has a magnet.

I'll let you know how it goes.

We're far enough away from Seattle that our off-air reception is pretty lousy and there's not much variety (although some Canadian stations come in pretty well). We especially like NPR which is a real bearcat here; even on the home receiver. It'll be nice for my wife to be able to listen to that on her drive to and from work.

Les

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)