Orlando Magic switch to FSN Florida

honestly, i have found the csr's at bhn to be helpful most of the time.....more so than any other business i deal with on a regular basis.

however, as i mentioned, i had a situation that extended over 3 months in which they blatantly lied to me. this wasn't a case of someone being in a bad mood......but a whole slew of csr's who lied. that is unsatisfactory.

Sun sports matched its record with the magics 2nd playoff game, for its highest ratings.. The magic number? 54k.... That means only 54k people watched the magic game. out of BHNS 900k customers... So why does FSN want 850k people who dont watch the magic pay for the channel that only 54k watch at its peak!

"
SUN SPORTS' MAGICAL #'S

We were watching whether anyone else in the country was or not. Sun Sports got an overnight 3.8 rating for the Magic's Game 2 victory over Toronto, tying the best mark since a 3.8 on Jan. 22, 2005. The average was 54,000 households in the Orlando/Melbourne/Daytona Beach market. Peak viewership was a 4.9 (more than 70,000 households) from 8:30 to 8:45, which might indicate we go to bed early.
"

What I don't get is why FSN wouldn't just agree to going on Digital. By now you figure they would have to see the BH ain't giving in.....and the Magic will no doubt refuse FSN TV-Deals in the future...

Isn't *some* money better then NO money?

What I don't get is why FSN wouldn't just agree to going on Digital. By now you figure they would have to see the BH ain't giving in.....and the Magic will no doubt refuse FSN TV-Deals in the future...

Isn't *some* money better then NO money?

What will happen is, since SUN & FSN are owned by the sames people, when the SUN contract is up they will include both in the new contract. So, if this is still an issue then, you will get both or neither.

Good point!

I'm kind of surprised Brighthouse doesn't have it's own Sports Channel already though.....Comcast owns a good % of CSS for regional coverage in their markets... a BHS (Brighthouse-Networks-Sports) channel could give the BH a good advantage if they could get the rights to Magic Games, Tampa Bay Sport Teams, UCF, USF & UF games, etc....

the problem with BHN's argument is I was receiving FSN Florida with Comcast. Now I get it in HD as well with Dish Network. The fact that they are trying to say that nobody wants it is sad. I'm a huge sports fan, and watch all of the basketball and baseball games on FSN Florida. That is one of the reasons I didn't go with BHN when I moved out here in 04. Hell, even a guy I knew that worked with em wouldn't even subscribe to them until they added FSN.

You are in the minority in this area LKR. We have employees who have directv. Ive though about getting it myself, mainly for international programming or FTA type service.

Its no doubt Directv has the corner on sports programming and took a huge leap in HD programming. BHN is working to catch them on HD but don't expect them to work on sports until the demand is their.

In The orlando area their is no big "push" to get FSN because their is really no big demand. At least not worth the cost. BHN In tampa has FSN because the market demands it, in Orlando though its just not their. The problem is in this area a huge portion of the population are not from here. They have migrated from other cities and really dont follow Teams from this area, but out of state. Those fans usally will get Directv or Dish to catch their favorite team.

Heck the Oralndo Magic Playoffs Highest rating was 50k people. In a city of over a million... Thats about 5% ? or so if my math is right of the city who cared to watch the magic play in the playoffs.. Heck they didnt even sell out the Arena!! Demand is not here yet for FSN.

I'm not from the area, I'm from L.A. However, I still watch the Magic games because I am not able to pay for League Pass. How do you know nobody will watch it if its not added? With your calculations, the 50k people, BHN subs weren't able to watch it. Keep that in mind.

Yes like he said, The playoffs were on SUN Sports.. So that was available to pretty much everyone in Orlando that has BHN,

Ill have you note that was also a tie for the Record for Suns Highest Ratings ever.

Also Note that Magic games were just last year available to EVERYONE in Orlando (at least the ones now carried on FSN) At no charge. It was a decision by the Magic and FSN/Sun Sports to put the games on a channel that 900k CFL Residents can not get with their current provider. It was a power play to try to get BHN to carry FSN. They are going to have to do a bit better then that though for the price they want.

Everyone who wants FSN already has Directv or DISH. So BHN is not losing existing subs because of this. But, how many additional subs could they have gotten if they had this channel? Seems like a bad business decision to me to ignore all sports fans. And besides, the sports bars are doing great business because of this.

Thanks to that whole situation I now have Directv. I am not a basketball fan, but it made me curious as to what else FSN was carrying that I was missing. Baseball! I can now see over 300 Rays & Marlins games plus Florida Panthers. I think Directv does a bad job of advertising that fact here in this area. I guess there aren't that many baseball fans in this area. Oh well, I finally clued in.

:) What are you talking about I am Mr. Perfect I have never made a mistake ;)

back on subject if BHN was in Miami they would have FSN to, for the dolphins, marlins etc...

It just can not be justified yet in Orlando. Maybe if they move all the magic games there, and the Predators etc it would be.

I was stupid for not getting D* sooner. I don't care if BHN ever gets FSN now.

But with that logic of Miami/Tampa, should BHN be carrying the Lightning on Sun?

At least there is a choice for some of us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)