OT: WIfe and I had an arguement about HD

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
I wanted to see the Marlins in HD for like the 5th time this week (oh the shame).

She wanted to see Soundstage, I suggested she watch it upstairs on the 36" SD TV, she got pissed, and said why don't I watch the game there and I said "cuz it looks like crap, compared to this one"... then she said it... something I never thought she'd say to me considering I had to bend her arm backwards and nearly drug her to get my RP-HDTV and HT set...

"We need another HDTV upstairs then"

Thanks Voom you are making me spend money DAMN YOU. :shocked

Dvlos:
I have the same problem. My wife wants the big screen to watch soap crap. I'm thinking about buying another HDTV or a new wife :D

I think I'm taking my surround system upstairs, getting an even better one for downstairs, and looking for a smaller HDTV for upstairs then... I thought I heard someone talking how they've dropped in price to like $600 and up for at least a 40" or something...

Walter if you find a dealership for hot wives wholesale, let me know... :smug

Pretty funny guys. No problem here. I have 2 HD sets. A 50" RP Toshiba in the family room, and a 43" DLP Sammy in the living room. Both with a 5.1 Dolby Digital, DTS set-up. Boy, ain't life good---

My basement is almost finished so I can hang my Sanyo Z2 projector. My wife is the same way, she will not watch the tv in our bedroom, even though it is 480p, she has to watch the RPTV in the living room. But she can have that TV in a few weeks. HEHE :yes

Wayne

I think I need a better job and pull down bigger bucks... I would love a nice DLP projector setup somewhere...

Hey don't shoot me....but I'm getting ready to buy my 3rd HDTV. I have a 57" Sony RPTV in the main room, a 17" Flat Pannel LCD Dell in the bedroom, and now we are getting a 30" CRT Flat Screen Sanyo HDTV for the other room downstairs. We're getting that one at my wife's request.

For any of you looking for a pretty decent HDTV check out the 30" Widescreen Sanyo from Wal-Mart...yes Wal-Mart. I checked it out and have read several reviews. For 750 bucks you can't beat it.

Yeah, same here. Where do you get your money from Sean?? :)

My wife and sis in law always wants to watch their soap opera on the RP HDTV. Why I don't know, since it isn't in HD!!

I'm a moderator and I don't get paid..... wait, I'm getting screwed!! :D

J/K to all the mods and Scott. :D

I don't know about extra money from satelliteguys.us :D I looked at my bank account and there was no deposits made from this source. :D

Man, I don't know what it is with wives and HDTVs, first off I had to convince her to get at least 1 decent HDTV for our HT Room, so I went ahead and bought a Mitsubishi WS-55413 last year, ordered Voom last february and hooked it up, apparently she liked what she saw, and wanted another HDTV set for our bedroom, so I bought a Sony KV-34HS510 and got Voom installed on the bedroom as well, now she's complaining that we need another HDTV set downstairs in the family room beside the kitchen so she could watch HD while cooking ( we currently have a 27" JVC SDTV downstairs on the small niche on the wall ), so once again I had to shell out and went ahead and bought the new Mitsubishi Diamond Series DLP WD-62825 ( got a pretty good deal from www.mitsubucks.com for it, the downside is the TV won't be delivered until this coming October ) can't wait to get it because it has a built-in HD PVR which is capable of recording 12 hrs of HD content, that should be enough til Voom releases their own HD PVR. So now I have to move all of my sets, my 55" RP-HDTV goes to my bedroom, 34" CRT-HDTV goes down to the family room and 62" DLP goes to the HT room once it arrives... a lot of work but it'll be all worth it. 1 more month of waiting :)

----------------------------------------------
Current Set-Up:
HT Room
Mitsubishi WD-62825 DLP-HDTV ( pending delivery )
Harman Kardon AVR-8000 A/V Receiver
Polk Audio RTi100 Tower Speakers
Polk Audio CSi40 Center Channel
Polk Audio FXi30 Rear Channels
Polk Audio PSW650 dual 10" drivers Subwoofer
Samsung HD-931 DVD Player
Motorola DSR-550 STB (Voom)
Sony SAT-T60 STB w/ Tivo (DirecTV)
JVC Hr-S3800U Super-VHS Player
Microsoft X-Box w/ Monster Component hook-up
Nintendo Gamecube
Sony Playstation 2 with Monster Component hook-up

Bedroom Set-Up:
Mitsubishi WS-55413 RP-HDTV
Harman Kardon AVR-520 A/V Receiver
Polk Audio DS-7200 speaker package
Motorola DSR-550 STB (Voom)
RCA DRD-430RGA STB (DirecTV)
Sony DVP-NS715P DVD Player

Family Room Set-Up:
Sony KV-34HS510 CRT-HDTV
RCA DRD-430RGA STB (DirecTV)
Motorola DSR-550 STB (Voom) ( pending )

Walter L. said:
Dvlos:
I have the same problem. My wife wants the big screen to watch soap crap. I'm thinking about buying another HDTV or a new wife :D

In the long run I think the new wife idea is cheaper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)