OTA Channels missing.....Need Help

lovooming

Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
OK I have been digging around this site and just can't seem to fin out what I need. Please help!

1st. I have the Sensar II antenna. (Did Voom customers all get the amplified versions?)

2nd. Can I add a preamp to this antenna (amplified or not) to boost the signal. I am only 15 miles away from my towers and only get half of my channels. I actually moved my antenna from outside to in the attic (closer to the towers and the signal is stronger on most I am still having problems getting the others.

3rd. Assuming that we can keep the boxes. Does the STB power the antenna. Any antenna? I purchased a radio S antenna booster that plugs in close to the TV but it did nothing.

PLease tell me what I have to do to get better ota reception.

I have a 2 room ant->to switch 2lnb to switch 2 wires into house and diplexor on the stb....

Don't remeber if your antenna is powered or not. If yoy have the diplexer on back of stb, with one line running to multi siwtch and no in line d/c blockers then your ant. is powered from stb. this is the 'normal' setup - but I've seen some crazy VOOM installs!!
Invest in a good powered antenna with a proper pole mount. The ones VOOM gave out weren't the best....
Ckeck antennaweb.org to see what they suggest for your zip.
Good luck.

According to a post on here, Voom is going to be contacting customers on the leased stb. So you might not be able to keep the leased stb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)