OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service'

I went back a year (only (2) pages for me) and no one from DIRT has commented in this thread. We can pretend they browse it and don't comment, if one wishes....

I went back a year (only (2) pages for me) and no one from DIRT has commented in this thread. We can pretend they browse it and don't comment, if one wishes....
You can, if you want. I don't think anybody else is. We've begrudgingly and disappointedly accepted that Dish, at least at this point in time, is making a deliberate decision to not provide more than the most basic guide info for OTA.

But, we can talk amongst ourselves about it. And, we can hope that at some point they will take an active interest in providing their customers with all of the tools required to make our viewing experience as enjoyable as possible, especially when it costs them so little to do.

I'm not sure why people talking amongst themselves about this is somehow bothersome to you, or why you feel the thread needs to be closed. Is the site being hosted on your personal server, eating up hdd space, or something?

Well it looks like Hell finally froze over. This week I noticed my manual timers for Metv ota 12.4 stopped working. When I tuned to it there was black screen on 12.4 and 12.3 Mytx. So I checked and my tv tuner also showed black screens, so I decided that the station must be having problems. I went ahead and rescaned my ota stations and guess what I saw? Instead of Mytx on 12.3 , there was Cozi tv and Mytx was on 12.5. Also it now said digital channel instead of the name of the channel like before. I turned the receiver off and went to work and when I came back after 9:00pm , I had OTA GUIDE INFORMATION for Metv and Mytx!!! The bad news was that since Mytx changed to 12.5 from 12.3 , I had Mytx guide information on Cozi tv on 12.3 instead of 12.5. Mytx on 12.5 had no information. So I wrote an email to DISHquality and explained the situation and THANKED them for giving me guide information for Metv ,but the wrong info is on 12.3 Cozi tv. Now it took over 2 years of me begging and emailing both DISH and Echostar to add guide data and when I finally gave up , they did it. I don't know how long it will take to get the correct guide data for Cozi tv and move the Mytx data to the correct channel, but I am hopping it won't be another 2 years. But the great thing is I finally got METV guide data!!!

I will tell you how I view this situation.If I receive the program information for one channel,but not the other(because I live between two cities and receive two of the same channels from each city) I am not complaining.Because I believe the program information supplied by DISH for the channels they don't have on satellite is in my mind a freebie.I pay for the channels I subscribe to and if I don't receive the program information for those channels then I would have a legitimate complaint.But that's just my opinion.
Now if DISH starts to carry the subchannels then that would be another situation.The dishquality@echostar has been the best responsive address for OTA issues,but I don't know if they still respond because I have not had to contact them lately.:)

Because I believe the program information supplied by DISH for the channels they don't have on satellite is in my mind a freebie.I pay for the channels I subscribe to and if I don't receive the program information for those channels then I would have a legitimate complaint.But that's just my opinion.
Now if DISH starts to carry the subchannels then that would be another situation.
Conversely, I don't expect them to carry the sub-channels, as I am aware of the bandwidth limitations. However, if they provide the HW for reception of OTA channels, they should provide the data to go with it.

At the very least, they should enable the reading and integration of PSIP Guide data into the EPG.

I have one subchannel that has intermittent data. It never had data until a few months ago. Then one day it did & I thought "finally". But a day or 2 later the data was gone. And then later it appeared, & then disappeared, and keeps doing this. Obviously Dish has access to this channel's data so I don't know what is happening.

There was another thread before this on the subject when DIRT first came here. At first, one DIRT member enthusiastically replied that he would help, but a day later came back, tail between his legs, apologizing and saying that Dish from that point forward would not add any EPG info it lacked ... ever. However, he did say they could look at fixing data that was available but wrong. For that, I'd just send a Dish Quality email, or contact a DIRT member directly. I'm fairly certain they have been instructed to ignore this issue.

I will tell you how I view this situation.If I receive the program information for one channel,but not the other(because I live between two cities and receive two of the same channels from each city) I am not complaining.Because I believe the program information supplied by DISH for the channels they don't have on satellite is in my mind a freebie.I pay for the channels I subscribe to and if I don't receive the program information for those channels then I would have a legitimate complaint.But that's just my opinion.
Now if DISH starts to carry the subchannels then that would be another situation.The dishquality@echostar has been the best responsive address for OTA issues,but I don't know if they still respond because I have not had to contact them lately.:)

I got this rectified by writing to my contact at Echostar who works in the field for my local dma and they got it straightened out. I now have the Correct ota guide for Cozi tv on 12.3 & Metv on 12.4 . Mytx and Telemundo Fox has none ,because it is broadcast on 2 different digital channels at the same time. So DISH won't probably ever carry guide information on these two. I am just happy to have Metv and Cozi tv guide information ,because I do record a lot of shows off of both channels. It took me over two years of asking to get the guide data and it turned out that when the local channel moved Cozi tv and Metv on to the same digital channel as the main ABC/NBC station , we got the guide data. Either way I am happy.

I'm not sure why people talking amongst themselves about this is somehow bothersome to you...
You can ASSume all you want because I said nothing of that sort. or why you feel the thread needs to be closed. Is the site being hosted on your personal server, eating up hdd space, or something?[/QUOTE] First off, I'm not the only person who thinks there's little value in keeping in open, but you seemingly like to ignore those others and focus on me. For your reference, why not take a look at the 2nd post, that describes the purpose of this thread ?

I personally see this thread as more of a pacifying thread than anything else. Dish doesn't seem to actually care about missing OTA guide data.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

You can ASSume all you want because I said nothing of that sort. First off, I'm not the only person who thinks there's little value in keeping in open, but you seemingly like to ignore those others and focus on me. For your reference, why not take a look at the 2nd post, that describes the purpose of this thread ?
a. Yours was the most recent one calling for its closing. And, I didn't ASSume anything. You appear to be the only one using that word, according to a word search of this page.
b. This thread is up to 369 posts. So, post number two might be considered somewhat irrelevant, at this point. But, perhaps we can start another one, without references to DIRT, so that there is no confusion that it is or isn't an official request thread.

4 DIRT members have read this thread and still read any new posts,THAT i do know. Is it making any difference at all? I have no idea hall. if you've reported this thread to be closed and we the staff,more importantly scott, has decided to leave it open then i don't see what the problem is. If it's annoying you I suggest you ignore it from here on out my friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)