OTA Problem

tawhite

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 24, 2005
The Sunshine State
Ok, a couple of days ago my OTA guide data disappeared for several channels and has not come back. Also, the channel descriptions changed for some channels and several are gone altogether, The numbers are there but the station identifiers are not. It has been working fine since installation and since superDMA upgrade a couple weeks ago. What's up???

I did the usual, soft reboot, hard reboot, re scanned locals, etc with no change. It is on all boxes, I have three. I have local map 0092.

Please help. :(

Did you check to see if somehow those channels got hidden? I think the sequence is Voom -> Green -> Local channels.

Good luck,

Doug

Thanks for the reply.

No, they are not hidden. The station identifiers are changed in the guide as well as the locals listing.

How about the satellite PG is it up-to-date?

Please report your OTA map problems and provide as many details as possible in the following thread:
Report channels missing from the Super-DMA
This thread is monitored by VOOM engineers on a regular basis.

Ilya,

Thanks for the reply.

The satellite pg is fine. I have done several reboots, soft and hard and every time it comes back the same. Sat channels OK, locals screwed up. I noticed some of the stations have different call letters than before, the ones with the missing guide data. Example it used to say KWQC-D1 and KWQC-D2, now says KWQC-HD and KWQC-SD with no guide data. There is also some channels with just the number such as 18-2 and 30-1 with no call letters. This is on more than one box too.

Thanks,

Tim

tawhite said:
Ilya,

Thanks for the reply.

The satellite pg is fine. I have done several reboots, soft and hard and every time it comes back the same. Sat channels OK, locals screwed up. I noticed some of the stations have different call letters than before, the ones with the missing guide data. Example it used to say KWQC-D1 and KWQC-D2, now says KWQC-HD and KWQC-SD with no guide data. There is also some channels with just the number such as 18-2 and 30-1 with no call letters. This is on more than one box too.

Thanks,

Tim

Have you tried rescanning your locals?

Edit: :Oops! I should have read your first post more carefully :eek:

Ilya,

So am I supposed to post this information in the thread you mentioned above to have Voom techs look into this problem or should I attempt to call them? What would be best?

Thanks

tawhite said:
Ilya,

So am I supposed to post this information in the thread you mentioned above to have Voom techs look into this problem or should I attempt to call them? What would be best?

Thanks
Do both! ;)
Engineers (based on your info) might be able to fix the Super-DMA map, if that's what's causing the problem; while CSRs will probably offer STB replacement for you, which may help if the problem is specific to your STB.

I'll post in the SuperDMA thread as I don't think I need STB replacement. This change/corruption in the OTA guide has happened simultaneously in three boxes.

We had a virtually identical problem here in Seattle on...

tawhite said:
I'll post in the SuperDMA thread as I don't think I need STB replacement. This change/corruption in the OTA guide has happened simultaneously in three boxes.

PBS ch. 9. It took several months and numerous emails to VOOM engineers but eventually was resolved. However, this was before Super-DMA. Good luck.

Still listening to hi-rez music under where is the rain? Seattle skies, Gill

KMSP Channel 9 is mess up in Minneapolis 0014. I think. It's showing KMSPD1 and D2 (which should be 9-1 and 9-2) as being on 9-8 and 9-9. No signal. BUT they are coming in on 9-1 and 9-2, but the guide is showing 9-1 through 9-4 as being some PBS multicasting action by the call letters of KAWE.

It cost me an hour of my life I'll never have back. And all because my brother in law made me watch American Idol last week when we were visiting. Doh!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts