OTA problems

jimtaiwan

Jul 26, 2005
HI ALL OF YOU! i'm newbies in this forum,and i have problem. please any one can help?? i just get Voom box 2 week ago on ebay.after i read all you post,and did exactly what you guy teach .but stil bad luck.no signal (3-aim OTA antenna).no channel (4-scan OTA).BUT when i switch to another USDigigtal box were good (pick up 27 channel,i believe run wire correctly..RG6 cable from antenna ( HD7084p,winegard) to OTA connector .turn plactic unlock on small square box. and when i aim piont antenna i have put ALL RF (2-36,38-69) in my area (not # channels) ,still bad luck no signal,skip this step try scan OTA were no good .please help.........THANKS

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Welcome to the forum, jimtaiwan

You wrote:
jimtaiwan said:
...turn plactic unlock on small square box...
Have you removed that square box (diplexer)? Make sure to remove it!

Good luck!

Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 13, 2004
Indiana
jimtaiwan said:
HI ALL OF YOU! i'm newbies in this forum,and i have problem. please any one can help?? i just get Voom box 2 week ago on ebay.after i read all you post,and did exactly what you guy teach .but stil bad luck.no signal (3-aim OTA antenna).no channel (4-scan OTA).BUT when i switch to another USDigigtal box were good (pick up 27 channel,i believe run wire correctly..RG6 cable from antenna ( HD7084p,winegard) to OTA connector .turn plactic unlock on small square box. and when i aim piont antenna i have put ALL RF (2-36,38-69) in my area (not # channels) ,still bad luck no signal,skip this step try scan OTA were no good .please help.........THANKS

Are you in the U.S .or overseas trying to pick up PAL OTA?

jimtaiwan

Jul 26, 2005
Ilya said:
Welcome to the forum, jimtaiwan

You wrote:

Have you removed that square box (diplexer)? Make sure to remove it!

Good luck!
HI! yes i did even i took off slides box to clean it up,then put all the way back,cable RG6 hook up with this connector stick in slides bo:mad:not square box).

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Has the box been activated? Do you know?

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
jimtaiwan,
I don't know what else to suggest. Looks like you are doing everything correctly and you should be getting at least some signal.

I am afraid you might have a bad box...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)