OTA Question

MarkP

Original poster
Jun 23, 2004
Can someone tell me if any antenna will work with the diplexer? Just got installed today, does not work with the new antenna I bought from radio shack, only the winegaurd that is supplied. If any antenna will work what do I need to do to get it to work? :confused: Any help would be appreciated.

And if you were wandering my two stb installed today are the older version.

MarkP said:
Can someone tell me if any antenna will work with the diplexer? Just got installed today, does not work with the new antenna I bought from radio shack, only the winegaurd that is supplied. If any antenna will work what do I need to do to get it to work? :confused: Any help would be appreciated.

Mark,

not sure what you are asking but you would like to read this thread that talks about the diplexer and the power inserter and how it is supposed to work.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=20660

MarkP said:

If the antenna you purchased is not a powered antenna then you will need to replace the supplied diplexor with one that doesn't allow the voltage from the STB to pass to the antenna. This is what my installer did when I was upgraded from the Stealth to the Wineguard PR 8800. Wow am I having de-ja-vu or have you posted this question in another thread?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)