OTA questions..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cr0mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
New Orleans, LA
Can a winegard square shooter cover a 95 degree spread? That's how wide the arc of towers is for my location. My thought is to point it right in the middle of the arc; am I on the right track?
I'm looking for an antenna that doesn't require any rotors to work. The upside is that I'm less than 10 miles from the towers that I really want.

No it will not. I thought it was 60 degrees but upon checking it was actually 61 degrees. :p The benefit of this antenna is that it is somewhat narrow and will not ghost when people like you are so close. As close as you are you should try the silver sensor before you go outdoors.

I have the phillips version of the silver sensor... I like it, but because I have no elevation, i keep getting dropout everytime a car goes by the house! Other than that, it works like a dream! Rougue Billionaire looked great last night in OTA HD!

Also that antenna I believe is bi-directional (front and back) so it's forward looking beamwidth is actually about 30 degrees, that's pretty narrow, which is GOOD. If you look at antenna web it lists radiation patterns and I believe also provides the beamwidth on the scale. No problem helping ... it is nice when I can!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)