ota signal black screen

luckily with PTAT, I do not record anything off the OTA channels. I just use them for my live TV viewing.
The constant black screens make it too unreliable to record off these channels.
Just lucky that I never record anything from the CW or MeTV or I would really be pissed.
If Dish ever gets this fixed I may feel safe to finally set some timers.

The OTA black screen fix is coming.

luckily with PTAT, I do not record anything off the OTA channels. I just use them for my live TV viewing.
The constant black screens make it too unreliable to record off these channels.
Just lucky that I never record anything from the CW or MeTV or I would really be pissed.
If Dish ever gets this fixed I may feel safe to finally set some timers.

Make sure that all the OTA channels you added have sufficient signal strength and never drop out randomly. That will minimize the instances of black screens.

Every time you rescan your ota channels , you will have to re-create all your timers again,because the old timers won't work anymore. This is different than the Vip series with the ota module.
Can you store your timers in the remote and then restore them after the rescan?
Does the remote's save depend on the number of scanned channels? That would be bad.
-Ken

Can you store your timers in the remote and then restore them after the rescan?
Does the remote's save depend on the number of scanned channels? That would be bad.
-Ken

No . Ota timers are completely different than regular satellite timers. ANY change to the ota menu will cause you to have to re-create ALL ota timers. The Old ota timers will show in your timers list ,but they won't work. I've tested this since October when I was an early tester and it works that way.

Got my first black screen in nearly 2 months. Needless to say it is irritating. Oh well could be worse. Reboot fixed.

again last night set to record a channel 30-1 signalstrength 100 at 8 pm got home looked at dvr showed red button but the biggest loser was not in my DVR menu go to the channel, black screen cant reboot because that would stop other programs that are recording so did rescan to bring back ota now have to reset all ota timers

again last night set to record a channel 30-1 signalstrength 100 at 8 pm got home looked at dvr showed red button but the biggest loser was not in my DVR menu go to the channel, black screen cant reboot because that would stop other programs that are recording so did rescan to bring back ota now have to reset all ota timers

Are you still on S234? S237 is being rolled out in waves currently and has the OTA black screen fixes in it. If you don't have S237 yet then you should get it pretty soon and that should resolve it.

S237 feels like it's taking forever to get here...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)