OTA stuck on ABC

mikiemike10

Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Anyone else experience a problem with their OTA getting locked into one channel. Such that when I change to different local affiliates, they all display ABC. I turn to NBC, FOX or CBS etc. and it displays ABC only.

I am the Atlanta Metro area and would not think this to be a locallized problem.

I have done a reboot with no success at solving this problem. I am puzzled when I am able to clearly see ABC although when I look at the OTA signal strength, it displays as 0.

Please help!

Thanks,
Mike

Time for a reset, (is this how you did a reboot?) hold in the power button on the Voom stb for 5 seconds then let go. The stb will reboot, you will lose all EPG data for about 20 minutes.

If that doesn't do it, try yanking the smart card and unplugging it.

My wife has seen this problem on occasion, but i have not. I rebooted her box, and it has not happened again (yet). She set up aervice call to just have them bring out tnew boxes... the problem with it is I have no idea if it will be exhibiting this problem when the service guys are here... This has also occured a couple times with Sat channels as well.

I did a reboot as stated, holding the power button down for about 5 seconds. That did not help.

I will try removing the card and unplugging the unit. I am also going to try removing and reseating the OTA module in the rear.

This type of problem has been my biggest problem with the stb.
I have had VOOM for approx 5 weeks.
I do leave my stb turn on overnight. For some reason , approx 1 once a week, the "green" light turns to "red" overnight. I then power on the unit but then I start experiencing the type of problem you have describe. I also have parental locks turn on and it starts prompting for the pin on channels that I have NOT locked out.

The system reset does work, but I hate losing my EPG when I have to do it.

Fortunately my wife hasn't experienced it yet, else she wouldn't like VOOM nearly as much.

Over the weekend, I unplugged everything and reconnected it all. Yes, in the correct ports.

Now, I get no OTA. Also, the sat on the front turns from green to red when tuning to OTA.

I thought it might be the diplexer and so I swapped it out and nothing happened.

I believe I have troubleshooted it down to the 8VSB module.

Any suggestions?

I have a service call scheduled for July 2. Been trying to troubleshoot since it was a week from when I had the problem. I will have to reschedule since my wife will not be home to sit and I do not want to take a vacation day for the call.

Also, the guy coming out did the install and I was not happy with his service.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)